Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female-friendly bars in Dublin

Options
  • 26-07-2012 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭

Bringing the girlfriend back to Dublin this weekend. It's her first time in Ireland, so interested in showing her something with a local flavour.

She's not a big beer or spirits drinker, instead more of a wine/cocktail fan. I know there's plenty of fancy wine bars and stuff around the city, but you can find those sorts of places all over London.

Anyone got any suggestions? Somewhere with a reasonably young crowd would be good.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭RedXIV

surely the traditional "local flavour" of ireland is an old man pub with 4 types of larger and Guiness on tap, with whiskey for special occasions? :D

Has never failed me a bar so I always recommend the Church at the end of Henry street, comfy, nice, with a good selection of everything

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The Porterhouse and the Bull and Castle have good cocktail menus and decent beers for yourself.

Capitol has nice cocktails but maybe is a bit too much like a bar you'd find in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

There a crackin' little wine bar in Ranelagh (6:30 onwards) on the corner of Ashfield Rd. It's an Italian café during the day but morphs into a wine bar in the evening. Loads of "real" pubs around there too if you want a feed of pints first!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

I think you'll find that most bars are quite female friendly, especially after a few drinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    There a crackin' little wine bar in Ranelagh (6:30 onwards) on the corner of Ashfield Rd. It's an Italian café during the day but morphs into a wine bar in the evening. Loads of "real" pubs around there too if you want a feed of pints first!

That's probably Er Buchetto. They have excellent paninis too at lunch time. I was talking about it today, funnily enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I would try either The Church or The Bank. Both beautiful buildings with plenty of good beer as well as cocktails etc.
    The Bank is probably quieter but I have never been in on a weekend evening so maybe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I haven't been in a good while but Harry's under Stephens Green used to do nice cocktails

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Harvey Nichols bar in Dundrum would go down quite well no doubt - great cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Church is a complete rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is it? I thought pints were about €5 (certainly less than €6) which is pretty average for Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Ravelleman wrote: »
    That's probably Er Buchetto. They have excellent paninis too at lunch time. I was talking about it today, funnily enough!

That's the one.

Advertisement