Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I obtain old court records?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 1:51pm

Hi, I was wondering , would it be possible for me to obtain court records, dating back approx 40 years.

It is in relation to a custody hearing, and from what I understand it was heard in the High Court at the time.

Would these records be on file anywhere, or would they have been destroyed?

many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Jake1 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering , would it be possible for me to obtain court records, dating back approx 40 years.

It is in relation to a custody hearing, and from what I understand it was heard in the High Court at the time.

Would these records be on file anywhere, or would they have been destroyed?

many thanks.

I would think family law records even old case would still fall under the In camera rule.

But best bet is to either contact solicitors office involved in case or central office in four court they might be able to answer you.

I would think family law records even old case would still fall under the In camera rule.

But best bet is to either contact solicitors office involved in case or central office in four court they might be able to answer you.

Thanks a million . You are correct, it was in camera, your post just reminded me of that.

Thats probably the end of that then. Assuming that rule applys to the person at the center of the custody case, ie Me :) I was hoping to have a nosy at them, to clarify for some things for me,

I have been trying the courts for a while now, apparently, I need the High Court, but they are not answering, very busy time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Jake1 wrote: »
    Thanks a million . You are correct, it was in camera, your post just reminded me of that.

Thats probably the end of that then. Assuming that rule applys to the person at the center of the custody case, ie Me :) I was hoping to have a nosy at them, to clarify for some things for me,

I have been trying the courts for a while now, apparently, I need the High Court, but they are not answering, very busy time.

Ya it's the end of term up the walls. As you are the child involved I'm not sure if you are allowed look at the papers or not. My own advice from the little I know of family law custody cases prob better not looking lots of nasty things are said during those cases some of which may or may not be true.

Ya it's the end of term up the walls. As you are the child involved I'm not sure if you are allowed look at the papers or not. My own advice from the little I know of family law custody cases prob better not looking lots of nasty things are said during those cases some of which may or may not be true.

I seen them before, many years ago, both due to circumstances , they were lost.

Im more interested in the terms of Child Support my father was supposed to have paid, I cant remember the exact amount. He never sent one payment. He never came to get me on his 'days' etc.

Could this fall under the category 'Unworthy to succeed',

the only thing I can find on internet is Unworthy to Succeed is relatively rare..
    cant find if anyone has actually used it in case :)

Just wanted to add that Solicitor, is now a High Court judge. I dont think he runs a practice anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement