Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup T20 - Sri Lanka

Options
  • 26-07-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Any "Boardies" heading to Sri Lanka for the Irish matches in September.

If so can you advise on any accomodation? Hotels etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

i'll be in sri lanka on holiday so i might see if i can grab a ticket someplace - any suggestions welcome. I'm staying in the mermaid hotel. great reviews on tripadvisor

• Registered Users Posts: 13 scaeraurelius

hey there, i'll be travelling over for a week as well, sept 15-22, hope to get in the risih australia game if i can get a ticket...any suggestions where and how i can get my hands on same?? and do you think there will be a good irish following? i'll be on my own so would be great to catch up with some fellow paddies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

if i can get a ticket...any suggestions where and how i can get my hands on same??

http://www.icc-cricket.com/events_and_awards/twenty20/tickets_hospitality.php

Not travelling myself but the teams families are wonderful supporters and it is a guaranteed super event - enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

i'll be in sri lanka on holiday so i might see if i can grab a ticket someplace - any suggestions welcome. I'm staying in the mermaid hotel. great reviews on tripadvisor

The tickets are available on the below link, very cheap for the tickets.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/iccwt20srilanka2012/default.aspx

There are other games on the same week Ireland play in Colombo, so worth catching some other matches.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2 crower2

Hi, Was in colombo 3 weeks ago at the srilanka pakistan 1 day'ers, you can get tickets at the stadium very easily also. Quite cheap too. If bying stay away from corperate tickets. You are trapped away in an air conditioned box but miss all the atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 scaeraurelius

you reckon i'll need to get tickets beforehand or will they be in plentiful supply? I mean for the ireland v australia game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 crower2

I really would think that there will be plenty going around. The world cup last year in India and SL had loads of spare tickets.

If anyone is looking for some sri lanka currency as well I have about €180 worth of Srilankan rupees. I didnt realise that you cant change them outside of sri lanka. Lesson learnt

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

I ordered tickets online. Never got a confirmation email but i've been assured that they will be sent to me within the next two weeks - not 100% convinced about that tbh. Tickets range from 1 to 18 dollars i forked out for the expensive ones cause i'm bringing my partner and she's doesn't want to be caught out in the sun for 4 hours. We're staying at the mermaid in kalutura- its got great reviews in tripadvisor

Advertisement