Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIEGE OF LIMERICK VIII - 28/10/12 - October Bank Holiday - FREE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is it the same two stage set up this year?

A couple of decent names on the list already. Wizards Of Firetop Mountain, Hatred, Murdock, and Rest caught my eye straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is it the same two stage set up this year?

It is indeed. :)
    A couple of decent names on the list already. Wizards Of Firetop Mountain, Hatred, Murdock, and Rest caught my eye straight away.

All savage bands! Only got into Rest recently, absolutely can't wait to see them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

This is looking very tempting alright. Some great bands there already.

Never been to this but might make an effort this time.

roast wrote: »
    All savage bands! Only got into Rest recently, absolutely can't wait to see them live.

Caught them live a couple of times and they are amazing. Kind of a rare event when they decide to put on a gig but with new stuff recorded hopefully we'll see more of them now.

roast wrote: »
    It is indeed. :)

That Dark Matter lot look a bit dodgy though. Hope nobody leaves any valuables lying about. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

On Pain of Death and WCIP added aswell. Super excited to see Murdock, Lantern for a gale, IEYF and Ilenkus. Will be my first time seeing Vile Regression too.

Eugh soooo much Bavaria.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Rest are savage

Final poster, can't wait.

430242_482840121744489_1747605941_n.jpg

No Dirty Diamonds?

They played the last one.

They played the last one.

Is there not a few names on the bill that also were at the last one?

I just thought that DD might be on it again as they are a decent band and given they only recently brought out their first EP.

• Advertisement

Is there not a few names on the bill that also were at the last one?

Hmm just Dark Matter? I thought they might have too, but bad rep seem intent on mixing it up every time and try to give every band a bit of a break. (with the exception of Limerick metal bands)

Ahh and No man's land. ****e. sure, not many bands then ;)

Ahh and No man's land. ****e. sure, not many bands then ;)

Pretty sure that Three Hour Ceasefire were on the last bill as well.

Hmm just Dark Matter? I thought they might have too, but bad rep seem intent on mixing it up every time and try to give every band a bit of a break. (with the exception of Limerick metal bands)

Dirty Diamonds are a Limerick hard rock/metal band though.

Ahh yeah but it doesn't mean they have to play.

Ahh yeah but it doesn't mean they have to play.

Of course, but it just made sense to me given they are a local band who have just released their first EP ( and had the EP launch at Dolans) and who are working on their first album.

Also their sound is very mainstream and closer to hard rock than any of the other acts on the bill which would have made for a bit more variety.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

Always very well organised event and a great days music

Altar of plaques blew me away at the last siege, alot better venue in Dolans than bakers place too imo

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Of course, but it just made sense to me given they are a local band who have just released their first EP ( and had the EP launch at Dolans) and who are working on their first album.

Also their sound is very mainstream and closer to hard rock than any of the other acts on the bill which would have made for a bit more variety.

Generally the lads organising it try and avoid putting bands on at 2 Sieges in a row. There were a few exceptions for Limerick bands but that's kind of gone now aswell so they can keep the line-up varied. The line-up on this one looks great with a lot of good bands even lower on the bill. Can't wait for it!

Demeyes wrote: »
    Generally the lads organising it try and avoid putting bands on at 2 Sieges in a row. There were a few exceptions for Limerick bands but that's kind of gone now aswell so they can keep the line-up varied. The line-up on this one looks great with a lot of good bands even lower on the bill. Can't wait for it!

Yeah cannot argue with that as there are four or five acts on the bill that I am really looking forward to trying to catch.

Yeah cannot argue with that

Kinda suprised you didn't at least try though :P

• Advertisement

Kinda suprised you didn't at least try though :P

I was waiting for you instead :p

Probably my favourite line up yet :) Anybody heading up/down?

siegeposter1A3copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

will sadly (or happily) be in London for the retinal circus but would love to be going to this. I've seen a few of these bands and it promises to be an epic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Siege VIII - October 28th 2012
    Schedule

Warehouse Stage

00-45- 0130 Wizards of Firetop Mountain
    2330- 0030 Wodensthrone
    2230- 2310 Abbadon Incarnate
    2130- 2215 Waylander
    2035- 2115 Rest
    1940- 2020 Warpath
    1845- 19-25 Iron Mountain
    1745- 1825 Dark Matter
    1650- 1730 Dichotomy
    1555- 1635 Ilenkus
    1500- 1540 Hatred
    1415- 1445 Syphor
    1330- 1400 No Mans Land
    1245- 1315 Zhora
    1200- 1230 TGOD

Upstairs Stage

2125- 2225 On Pain of Death
    2030- 2110 Three Hour Ceasefire
    1935- 2015 Lantern for a Gale
    1840- 1920 Murdock
    1745- 1825 Vile Regression
    1650- 1730 Weed Priest
    1555- 1635 WCIP
    1500- 1540 I'll Eat Your Face
    1405- 1445 Sebek

Unfortunately Tome and and Secta Rouge have had to pull out, we won't be replacing them this is simply to allow for more stage time for our headline acts.

BAR OPEN IN THE MAIN BAR FROM 12, BAR OPENING IN THE VENUES FROM 2PM.

VENUE STAYS OPEN TILL 2.15am WITH TUNES IN THE TERRACE AREA.

for anyone going to this I reckon it worth getting there for the opener the Great Ocean Divide from Waterford. Think in terms of a more melodic/prog ASIWYFA. Seriously accomplished musicians

old gregg wrote: »
    for anyone going to this I reckon it worth getting there for the opener the Great Ocean Divide from Waterford. Think in terms of a more melodic/prog ASIWYFA. Seriously accomplished musicians

I have no idea why they're on so early, I wanna see them but my bus won't be in early enough.

Completely forgot about this thread sorry for making another one :P

I have no idea why they're on so early, I wanna see them but my bus won't be in early enough.

I'm guessing it's because they are more 'chin stroking' than the stuff you'll hear later in the night. They're a top class experienced band so that's the only reason I can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

lads, I might go around six from Cork with an empty car and will be heading back around midnight (yes, totally sober) so if anyone is interested in sharing my small automobile there is no problem (me + 3 people max)... I don't know if I will go yet, at this moment it's 50/50 ... 1 way = 6,66 euro for petrol per head.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

Not everyone can have a late slot as there's so many bands playing and we like to start the festival off with a good band to try get people in early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Went for a couple of hours, thought Waylander were amazing last night. My ears are still ringing this morning:)

Advertisement