Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new AEG need advice

Options
  • 26-07-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭

So I'm thinking of getting a new AEG at present I have a Deepfire M4 that is running grand. But I would like to have something a bit different. My m4 has a long barrel so realistically I'm looking for something a bit more compact. Price range is pretty high but I would like something that could take m4 rounds as I don't fancy buying loads of new gear. I'd probably prefer if it could take a 7.4 lipo also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

So basically you're looking for any STANAG capable gun, that has a shorter barrel length (or perceived barrel length) than a standard length M4? i.e. 363mm?

A 7.4v Lipo will not stress the internals any more than a very high quality 8.4v battery, or even most 9.6v NiMh batteries - I wouldn't really worry about that too much.

Do you have any thoughts on what you're looking for, or is it literally a case of anything/everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Basically looking for something that is a bit more unique to the M4 that is pretty high end out of the box. The M4 im running actually now has a barrel the length of an m16 so doesn't have to be much shorter than m4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Right, gotcha.

You won't really find anything unique...or if you do, it won't stay that way for long. The only way to get something truly unique is to fabricate yourself (emphasis on fabricate - a gun built from off of the shelf parts cannot ever be unique). If you're just after something a bit less 'common' then look into the following types:
    - LR300
    - SCAR
    - MASADA
    - F2000
    - TAVOR TAR-21
    - L85
    - XCR

Have a browse of the Asian websites and see what you like the look of - there's bound to be something that catches your eye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭nastros

Cheers this list seems perfect thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭brian888

Out of the list Inari posted I have seen all the guns in a single skirmish EXCEPT the F2000. G&G F2000 has been an interest for quite some time for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

the f2000 is a great bit of kit, with some minor tweeks it can be made very accurate and very very quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

thermo wrote: »
    the f2000 is a great bit of kit, with some minor tweeks it can be made very accurate and very very quiet.

Heheheh... Yes they can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Something you could also look at is the ICS cxp , a rare sight compared to your average magpulled m4 and uses stagnag mags very compact too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I've always liked the Tavor but never liked the Ares one because of the crappy quality.
    I have a G&G F2000 and i love it, although i am selling it but not because I no longer like it, different reason but anyways even now the F2000 is still pretty unique on the skirmish field. the barrrel is also pretty long while still maintaining an overall short length

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Lads
    I am going to put up a seperate post as I am looking for a new AEG but what is the range & accuracy like on the F2000. Thermo/LeftyFlip whats the minor ajustments that make it 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

cubix wrote: »
    Lads
    I am going to put up a seperate post as I am looking for a new AEG but what is the range & accuracy like on the F2000. Thermo/LeftyFlip whats the minor ajustments that make it 100%

out of the box I found the accuracy to be pretty bad, the range however was always amazing, I threw an Ultimate hop up into it and it helped with the accuracy but never got a barrel for it, I'd say talk to Lefty as he has more or less re-built his F2000 :):p

Will do,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

cubix wrote: »
    Will do,;)

For about 8 months I left the barrel and hop stock in my F2000. I only changed the hop because it had worn out, and then eventually the barrel because I had a spare TBB knocking about that I was sick of looking at.

So your feeling is that the F2000 is more or less good to go straight out of the box. What would you say is the range for this gun on a 12"sq target 8/10 and was there any particular BB you found better than others for his gun.
    How do you know your hopper wearing out. Do these guns have built in scope and if so how do you find it.
    Thanks

Advertisement