Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Housing List

Options
  • 26-07-2012 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, just need a bit of advice as the chap at my local County Council was a bit vague on the subject.
    I've been on the Housing List for the last 3 and a half years with no word from them in regards to my status.
    I would like to know if there is anything I can do to speed up the process as I'm currently living at home with my parents. I'd love to move out but it's not possible at the moment due to money shortages and lack of a job on account of it being slim pickin's.
    I am however in reciept of Disability Allowence due to a hearing disability which amounts to roughly €90 a week after rent to my parents and credit union loan repayments. I'm also entitled to €400 Rent Allowence and currently have all the forms needed for a landlord to sign.
    Despite all this, I am apprehensive about renting and would much rather live in a council house on my own in a neighbourhood close to where I'm currently living.
    The man at the CC said that to update my file I would need such things as current medical records and similar paraphenalia.
    I'm confused on this matter- I was never very good at dealing with admin or paperwork due to being somewhat naive.
    Can anyone offer any experience on the subject and perhaps a possible time frame as to when my file will be reviewed? I'm, very new to this and I'd really appreciate any help on the subject.
    Thanks. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You will have to supply all the doc's that the council asks for.As for a time frame only god knows.If you can get a TD ect to make representations on your behalf it might speed up the process.

As this is not really a state benefits matter I am closing the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement