Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mk2 Re-furb set

Options
  • 25-07-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭

Many of you will remember the set of Mk2's that were refurbished,operated more or less on the Galway line for a while before going to other lines.they were the first MK2 set to be withdrawn,anyone any shots??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Regular MK2 MK2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,786 ✭✭✭SeanW

Brings back fond memories :o

Was this the interior of a refurb?

6847961.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Certainly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The MKII's seem to get a bad rep amongst a lot of enthusiasts but i always loved them. Comfortable and with a good ride quality,they were only surpassed by the MKIII's and the DD set imo. I'd take them over the MKIV's any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dowlingm

the use Mark 2s are being put to in NZ seems to indicate they do all right in the right hands - but then maybe NZ doesn't have quite the same issues re: disability access etc. which has massively changed the economics of retaining existing stock vs buying new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

Many of you will remember the set of Mk2's that were refurbished,operated more or less on the Galway line for a while before going to other lines.they were the first MK2 set to be withdrawn,anyone any shots??

i used to, but not sure if i still do. they got a new livery on the outside, the pic above is the inside. they were the first to go, yes. i think they actually spent a lot of money on them. problem astecthicly is that the generator van constantly spewed out gunk all over them and made the best looking set the worst. ironic. i was on them a few times, they sometimes migrated to the dublin-limerick route

Advertisement