Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iherb - free international shipping when you spend over $40 and under 4lbs weight

Options
  • 25-07-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭

Valid till 31st July 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Illegal drugs site is it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

vicwatson wrote: »
    Illegal drugs site is it :confused:

I'm lost?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

loopymum wrote: »
    I'm lost?:confused:

i think he means what the hell is iherb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

loopymum wrote: »
    Valid till 31st July 2012

Cheers OP. Great site.

I find that http://www.iherb.com/Jason-Natural-Beard-Skin-Shave-Therapy-Shave-Lotion-8-oz-227-g/6227 is way better than gillette/nivea shaving gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Save $5 on your first order with ABU310 code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Funkyzeit wrote: »
    Cheers OP. Great site.

I find that http://www.iherb.com/Jason-Natural-Beard-Skin-Shave-Therapy-Shave-Lotion-8-oz-227-g/6227 is way better than gillette/nivea shaving gear.

Try this one or any of the others in their range.
    Rated highly on all shaving fora
    http://www.iherb.com/Kiss-My-Face-SH-Moisture-Shave-Cool-Mint-11-fl-oz-325-ml/16735

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Farnsworth

I lost in post once using nomral airmail, got refunded by iHerb
    always used dhl since then, arrive in 1 day with full tracking, rates fluctuate but approx €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Very goood service ,used them many times in the past,highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I've never bought from iHerb. Just out of interest, what sort of products would people here buy from iHerb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

I've bought pure stevia powder from iHerb for years, as well as from other american sites. Stevia has been tested and licenced now in Europe and is being sold as a sweetener in supermarkets but they are blending it with other sweeteners such as maltodextrin. I prefer the pure powder and get it regularly from iHerb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Oracle wrote: »
    I've never bought from iHerb. Just out of interest, what sort of products would people here buy from iHerb?

Fish oils/enzymes/probiotics and stuff like that .

Takes about 7-10 working days to get the package but it's worth it.

Never got stung ny the customs, lucky me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Oracle wrote: »

I buy things like incense, perfume oils, wide range of cosmetic/beauty items (body lotions/soap/shampoo..the list is endless) Its usually organic/eco friendly/paraben free type stuff. I also buy vitamins/minerals/fishoils etc. Have bought food stuff too including teabags/liqorice/sweets/lollipops etc.I buy regulary from them and usually the stuff arrives within a week. I highly recommend them and I also have a $5 off code which is REL330;)

Edited to add that you can get one freebie in every order http://www.iherb.com/Free-Samples (They used to allow one of each freebie in the olden days!!!) and there are often good daily/weekly specials http://www.iherb.com/Super-Specials

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Have just ordered a lot of cheap stuff for peanuts of what I would pay here.

E.g. great B-complex vitamins for only $3:
    http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Gluten-Free-Coenzyme-B-Complex-Caps-60-Veggie-Caps/1760

Or 100 softgels of fish oil for only $4.95:
    http://www.iherb.com/Madre-Labs-Omega-3-Premium-Fish-Oil-100-Softgels/37790

Thanks a lot to the OP as I have never knew about this site before.

Also if your order is over $60, you'd automatically get extra 5% discount. And free shipping is valid for orders from $40 to $80, so makes sence to order between $60 to $80 which is very easy considering the product range and prices.
    Also I used ZEG675 code for extra $5 off. => Paid 72$ for products worths $104.

You really need to watch out for the weight though. The iherb weights for a lot of things seems to be often heavier than the reality! I think the vitamins/minerals are light enough, but as I buy a lot of beauty lotions and potions, which are heavier, I find it hard to spend the €40 but keep the weight under 4lbs. If it does goes over the 4lbs it changes to courier delivery which is expensive. They often do these free shipping offers so I usually wait to order. Also I have never been caught by customs in my five years or so of ordering with iherb. I think they always put "nutritional supplements" on the box no matter what I get and I *think* that are means they are vat free in the eyes of customs.
    BTW Eco tools brushes etc are very reasonable on iherb, about half the price you would pay here http://www.iherb.com/EcoTools/Bath-Beauty Weleda is the only natural brand I can think of which is quite a bit cheaper to buy on amazon.co.uk than iherb.

Farnsworth wrote: »
    I lost in post once using nomral airmail, got refunded by iHerb
    always used dhl since then, arrive in 1 day with full tracking, rates fluctuate but approx €10

Out of interest, did they charge you for customs or VAT?

I know a lot of what iherb sell is classed as nutrients and stuff which does not seem to be subject to custom duty but was'nt sure what the deal is with dhl?

I often buy Erythritol and it can be hard not to go over the 4lbs and stay below $80

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

You can use code FIT211 for $5 off you first order.

Last day for the free shipping, I just did a couple of orders myself and got a code for someone to get 5% off their first order TUL660

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

code VUV207for $10 off first time order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Not getting the free shipping? Have an order totaling $42 and the shipping is $6 global mail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Not getting the free shipping? Have an order totaling $42 and the shipping is $6 global mail?
    At the bottom of your shopping cart you will see the weight. This should be below 4 pounds to get free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Just something worth considering when ordering from iherb, it seems customs & excise are not too interested as the values are low enough and as somebody mentioned a lot of their products (on the vitamin side) would be naturally zero rated for VAT (but still liable for duty). All vitamins sales are now under the direct control of the Irish Medicines Board and most of these vitamins & herbs need to be licensed by the IMB in order to be sold in Ireland (only a very recent requirement). The IMB have already targeted the import of medicines in the past from outside the ROI, there was a big PR stunt pulled on the news not so long ago and you can be sure that they will ramp up their efforts on these products now under their control.

^^^That's bad news alanceltic :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

This thread is a bit confusing - does anyone know if there are any current iherb offers or codes or have they all expired? I've never ordered anything with them before but need to get some vegetarian DHA.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

Weyhey wrote: »
    This thread is a bit confusing - does anyone know if there are any current iherb offers or codes or have they all expired? I've never ordered anything with them before but need to get some vegetarian DHA.
    FIH750 will give €10 off first order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

I got a big box of stuff off them a few days ago totalling $148,a heavy box(few kilos of proteins and bars and coconut oil etc) and didn't incur any duty,for anybody that wants to know.And had the stuff within a few days after ordering.
    Got cheap postage as I spent over $80 or something,v happy with service.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Great site. Really recommend it - don't see a reason to shop anywhere else. If you fancy some discount make use of my referral code! CFK776

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to ireland? Thought it was about 7 days. Mine shipped supposedly on the 21st of January but still no sign of it, the global mail by dhl doesn't have the tracking option either so no way to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

camz09 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes to ireland? Thought it was about 7 days. Mine shipped supposedly on the 21st of January but still no sign of it, the global mail by dhl doesn't have the tracking option either so no way to tell.

1 to 2 weeks. I've placed around 20 orders with them over the last few years and they've always arrived. I only ever used the free airmail though and not DHL.

Contact the customer service anyway and they'll give a guide to how long it could take. They've always been on the ball any time I contacted them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Free shipping to Ireland back again. Typical, I only put in an order last week.
    Dear Valued Customer in Ireland,

For the remainder of June, we are offering:

Free Global Priority Mail service for orders over $40.00, and deeper discounts on DHL Express shipping.

And if you are not yet a VIP customer, your account has been temporarily upgraded to VIP status.

The VIP discount you will see in the shopping cart is based on the following discount structure:

5% --if your order is less than $60.00
    6% --if your order is from $60.00 to $69.99
    7% --if your order is from $70.00 to $79.99
    8% --if your order is from $80.00 to $89.99
    9% --if your order is from $90.00 to $99.99
    10% --if your order is from $100.00 to $199.99
    12% --if your order is from $200.00 to $399.99
    14% --if your order is $400.00 or more

Advertisement