Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed Slats

Options
  • 25-07-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Folks,

I have a 3ft single bed at the moment. I also have children, hence 4 of the slats are broken. Does anyone know where I could buy replacement slats, or any advice on how I could build my own, it would be much appreciated. I'm living in Celbridge, and working in central Dublin.

Thanks,
    Niall.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Hi Folks,

I have a 3ft single bed at the moment. I also have children, hence 4 of the slats are broken. Does anyone know where I could buy replacement slats, or any advice on how I could build my own, it would be much appreciated. I'm living in Celbridge, and working in central Dublin.

Thanks,
    Niall.

Sheet of 3/4" plywood.
    Cut it with a jig saw or I suppose woodies or the like would cut it..

We have a single bed done, its a great job and very comfortable..

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

If only four slats are broken then there would be no need for a sheet of ply. Just buy two 8' lenght's of 1" x 1". Say it would cost you about €5 in most hardware stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

3" x 1/2" is the size you're looking for, I'd reckon!

Advertisement