Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NHL TV Coverage 2012-2013

Options
  • 25-07-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw an ad out of the corner of my eye for Setanta's NHL coverage for next season. Apparently they are going to have 400 games, which as far as I'm aware is a massive increase on last year. Anybody seen this ad or heard any more on this?

Comments

I heard they signed a deal for 4 more years with the NHL , well i think its 4 more years .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

saw minimal games last year.
    was there 'chat' between periods or was it ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

saw minimal games last year.
    was there 'chat' between periods or was it ads?

All ad's if I remember correctly, and those crappy "In Depth with Graham Bensinger" shows. Hopefully they get NHL on the Fly and HNIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    All ad's if I remember correctly, and those crappy "In Depth with Graham Bensinger" shows. Hopefully they get NHL on the Fly and HNIC.

I cancelled my Setanta subscription until the new season starts. The customer services lady asked for my opinion on their coverage and I listed the above as my major complaint. If they can get HNIC and the analysis between periods, I will be much happier. Surely, the analysis can't cost that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

If their is a marked increase in games and they cut out the crap, then it may be worth it, but I'll till probably stick to the NHL Gamecenter on iPad.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

The fact they have the games on Setanta Sports 1 and not on HD is a massive let down.
    I think Ill be getting NHL Gamecentre!

The fact they have the games on Setanta Sports 1 and not on HD is a massive let down.
    I think Ill be getting NHL Gamecentre!

They started off showing most games on Setanta Ireland (and hence HD) last year but it moved towards Setanta Sports 1 at the business end of the season. That's when having Gamecenter really paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

If your a Fan , centre ice is worth every penny. Pretty much every game live or on demand.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    If your a Fan , centre ice is worth every penny. Pretty much every game live or on demand.
    Cant get that over here though can we?

Cant get that over here though can we?

It's the North American version of Gamecenter. From what I understand of it, Gamecenter is actually better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

It's the North American version of Gamecenter. From what I understand of it, Gamecenter is actually better.

there ya go haha, i live in canada so wasnt aware.

Any update on Setanta here I wonder. Anyone with any info on the coverage thsi season?

Any update on Setanta here I wonder. Anyone with any info on the coverage thsi season?

I guess they are waiting to hear if we have a season to watch at all, like the rest of us.

I am a 'hockey only' customer with them myself. I'd say they are sick over the lockout. They paid big bucks to get the coverage last year. Once the season starts, if I mean, they will be rolling out the games, I hope.

COYW wrote: »
    I am a 'hockey only' customer with them myself. I'd say they are sick over the lockout. They paid big bucks to get the coverage last year. Once the season starts, if I me, they will be rolling out the games, I hope.

They're optimistic anyway...

222653.JPG

They're optimistic anyway...

Serious case of wishful thinking there from them or maybe they haven't realized that there is a lockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Yeah, pity the whole season looks like going to **** to be honest.

Gonna concentrate on the AHL for a while, see if that will satisfy me.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Yeah, pity the whole season looks like going to **** to be honest.

Gonna concentrate on the AHL for a while, see if that will satisfy me.

Is it on TV? I've been watching some of the Elite League, finding it quite hard to get into it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

KarlC1 wrote: »
    Yeah they have all the NHL games, and now have an unbeatable offer!
    On Satellite in the Republic of Ireland, Setanta Sports is just €5 a month for the first three months with €5 connection fee if you sign up at www.setanta.com. I was holding out from subscribing but this offer is too good!.

you work for setanta??

Advertisement