Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price v Harrison

Options
  • 24-07-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Any one else think this a complete waste of time? set for October, cant see it lasting more than 3 rounds. surely there is a better calibre of opponent for David Price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

Harrison isn't great, but it's good for Price to get used to fighting tall guys if he's gunning for a Klitschko (which seems to exclusively mean Wlad nowadays).

• Registered Users Posts: 54,705 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well, I will watch it. Price meeting someone almost as tall. Bigger in frame. Someone who can bang. It will be an interesting clash. What if Harrison connects clean? At least it will tell us a bit more about Price's chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

walshb wrote: »
    Well, I will watch it. Price meeting someone almost as tall. Bigger in frame. Someone who can bang. It will be an interesting clash. What if Harrison connects clean? At least it will tell us a bit more about Price's chin.

I'l watch it as well, but if if Haye can get rid of him in two? Harrison would have to throw some punches in order to connect clean, and he isnt exactly renowned for throwing punches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

It's a decent fight for Price I suppose, should put Harrison away comfortably.

It's a shame Fury isn't keen on fighting him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Its a joke of a fight, how harrison even gets fights anymore is a mystery to me. Does nothing for price's profile or record to beat up a guy that never delivered anything throughout his career outside of talking sh1te and imo he should be moving on to bigger and better things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

I swore i would never watch Harrison again after the Haye fiasco so i wont be watching this.

It takes a lot to put me off watching someone fight, Harrison is actually the first boxer i have refused to watch. This fight wont do anything for Price, can't see it going more than 3 rounds and at this stage it just can't get any worse for Harrison. The man has hit depths lower than rock bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

No matter what this is a good fight for price. Harrison is still a name and a good stepping stone..

In saying that a dangerous one, price should not underestimate frauldey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

T-K-O wrote: »
    No matter what this is a good fight for price. Harrison is still a name and a good stepping stone..

Im not buying this, fraudley is a joke and everybody knows this. The minute price touches him he will freeze as per usual.

Does nothing for prices career to beat this sham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

As horrible as it is, Harrisson is still a bigger draw, commercially, than most at that level. Mostly because people hate him so much that they want to see him beaten the **** out of.

It's a 'name' for Price to beat and as mentioned before, it's someone with a different build than the majority. Good to give Price a test with someone like that.

In saying that, it'll be a massively one-sided fight and I'd be incredibly surprised it it reaches the midway point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Jaysoose wrote: »
    T-K-O wrote: »

Im not buying this, fraudley is a joke and everybody knows this. The minute price touches him he will freeze as per usual.

Does nothing for prices career to beat this sham.

Nothing to buy into, Harrison is a well known name that's a fact. I'm no fan of Harrison but this fight will help price get his name out there..

This is a dangerous fight for price, if he ko's frauldey in 1 people will say i told you so however he must be cautious of that sucker punch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Any one else think this a complete waste of time? set for October, cant see it lasting more than 3 rounds. surely there is a better calibre of opponent for David Price?

You never know ? , this could turn out to be the first fight of three fight thriller , a la Bowe -Hollyfield in the 90's

You never know ? , this could turn out to be the first fight of three fight thriller , a la Bowe -Hollyfield in the 90's

Man that trilogy was unreal.

The first fight was insane. Round 9 of the first fight is my favourite round of all time. Everytime I watch it I root so hard for The Real Deal even though I know what happens. A true warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭megadodge

Man that trilogy was unreal.

The first fight was insane. Round 9 of the first fight is my favourite round of all time. Everytime I watch it I root so hard for The Real Deal even though I know what happens. A true warrior.

I agree, but I suspect it's round 10 you're talking about?

megadodge wrote: »
    I agree, but I suspect it's round 10 you're talking about?

That's the one! Was thinking of Gatti vs Ward I Round 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Price - Harrison being as good as Bowe - Holyfield, i admire your optimism!

Advertisement