Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Different will Medal of Honor: Warfighter to BF3?

Options
  • 24-07-2012 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Same Frostbite engine and FPS, but how much different would Medal of Honor: Warfighter be to BF3?

PS. i am not really a jet player, prefer the manual combat.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

From what I can see it will be completely different. They seem to be angling Warfighter to take some cash from the CoD crowd, playing with smaller scale engagements, kill streak rewards etc etc.

It would be utterly pointless to release something similar to BF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

It would be utterly pointless to release something similar to BF.

True, maybe this might be for the BF3 Metro ONLY players.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just a precautionary reminder so no-one is tempted, it'll be a two week ban for anyone who breaks the Warfighter alpha NDA.

Spear wrote: »
    Just a precautionary reminder so no-one is tempted, it'll be a two week ban for anyone who breaks the Warfighter alpha NDA.

I am not on this forum too often, but what exactly does that mean?

I am not on this forum too often, but what exactly does that mean?

Some people may have gotten access to an Alpha build of the some aspect of the game. It's basically a highly private, earlier version of any Beta, normally goes out to well known critics and journos.

All Alpha's and Closed Betas normally have a Non Disclosure Agreement attached, basically you can't say **** about it, upload video of it or anything like that.

I'm in the Dust 514 Beta, the Little Big Planet Karting Beta and a few others and they all have NDAs attached.

• Advertisement

Just on the Medal thing which has the beta version of BF4, is there a beta version of Medal floating around for download?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,068 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's basically a highly private, earlier version of any Beta, normally goes out to well known critics and journos.

Them and Combat Testing:

https://www.combattesting.com/content.php?121

Just on the Medal thing which has the beta version of BF4, is there a beta version of Medal floating around for download?

Nothing public that I know of. If they have any sense they will do a Demo on Xbox Live/PSN/PC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well since the previous Medal of Honor iteration focused on close combat and was reasonably successful with it, I guess they'll follow the formula instead of liking it to BF, that will only hurt sales of both franchises I reckon.

Either way I expect single player to be drastically different to its awful predecessor.

Well since the previous Medal of Honor iteration focused on close combat and was reasonably successful with it, I guess they'll follow the formula instead of liking it to BF, that will only hurt sales of both franchises I reckon.

Either way I expect single player to be drastically different to its awful predecessor.

I have to be honest and say I haven't even finished the single player on BF3 yet, I'd normally avidly play a single player mode until it's done...but FPS games for the most part (particularly modern military themed ones) are all just dull and boring now. I buy them for the multiplayer. Shame on me.

• Advertisement

I have to be honest and say I haven't even finished the single player on BF3 yet, I'd normally avidly play a single player mode until it's done...but FPS games for the most part (particularly modern military themed ones) are all just dull and boring now. I buy them for the multiplayer. Shame on me.

Play BF3 in singleplayer mode.............Gawd, that is disgusting.:)

Most people buy these games for multiplayer online i would guess these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I wonder are we getting close to the days where we will see MP only shooters being released for the likes of COD/BF etc?

I know there are a few MP only games floating about but nothing on the scale of COD/BF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I wonder are we getting close to the days where we will see MP only shooters being released for the likes of COD/BF etc?

I know there are a few MP only games floating about but nothing on the scale of COD/BF
    possibly..only play BF or CoD online.ThinkI only play SP when the BB is acting up:D

Seems like a waste of time for the developers to add the SP mode anymore. Should focus on the getting the MP near perfect. I think i will post a poll for curiousity about the SP/MP thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Logical_Bear

I think i will post a poll for curiousity about the SP/MP thing.
    put it in the games forum so you can get all opinions whether you play CoD,BF,Tribes etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

AFAIK the earlier BF games didn't have a campaign mode at all. I think it was only added on with the release of the first Bad Company.

I love a good campaign but I wouldn't complain if DICE excluded a campaign and put all their focus on multiplayer, at least for non-Bad Company games. The Bad Company campaigns are great, although they are poorly linked (
    The squad go AWOL, stealing a truck of gold ingots, in the final cutscene of BC1 and suddenly they're Special Forces at the start of BC2. What happened in between? :confused:
    ). BF3's campaign, while fun, was a bit of a letdown. If they'd left it out and put the development time into the multiplayer I'd be happier.

put it in the games forum so you can get all opinions whether you play CoD,BF,Tribes etc....

Damn, to late......i already posted it in the BF forum. Maybe one of the Mods will fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Played the last medal of honour so I would imagine they will be comparable between that and bad company. IMO it was inferior, not bad but if you want frantic close quarters gameplay you have close quarters bf3 dlc or COD. MOH is trying to fill a niche that doesnt exist.

IMO they need to try and find their own compelling reason to buy it side by side with BF and COD. Focus perhaps on it as the first proper full co-op game. Full 4+ campaign co-op and co-op MP with 60+ players facing off against proper AI in large scale missions something a kin to rush but more story based. DLC for it would be interesting seeing as they would have to write story while mixing it with MP at the same time. This could also be interwoven with the campaign perhaps serving as a continuation of that story. The only difficult part would be having to guarantee new maps / scenarios every month in order to keep it fresh , come with a large amount of them in the box and at a reasonable price for any future maps / scenarios.

60 players all working together as a platoon against scaling AI depending on player numbers with dynamic story based objectives would be great. Short 20 second cinematic involving the squad that pulled off a certain objective shown to all players before a new objective started would be cool, it'd be far less intimidating for noobs rather than competitive MP and would have a nice sense of "wow, check out the vet, cool gear and really knows how to play" feeling as you fight side by side with them.

That was the one thing MOH did well I found, a nice touch being everyone below a certain rank had a "noob" skin and when you ranked to a high level you had an auto assigned veteran skin of a tier one operator... crazy haji beard and all. As it is it seems like EA is almost pitting MOH and BF3 against each other, promising dlc fore bf3 right up to next year with gamepley elements such as close quarters which is exactly what MOH will be bringing to the table. Silly business move competing with yourself and Activision but as I said ... they need to find their own niche rather than copy previous and current games in a crowded over saturated market.

Advertisement