Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Extension

Options
  • 24-07-2012 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello all,

I will be starting my 3rd and final year in September in UCD. I however will more then likely have to do an extra semester next September as I have left myself to many modules to do this year. I can finish my degree this year but I was advised to do an extra semester so as to get a better gpa and not to put to much on myself in my final year.

My question is, Can we get an extension to our BTEA for an extra semester? and if so does anybody know how to go about it.

Thank you,

Simon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

hi simon, im in the same situation as i missed a mandatory exam which was a prerequisite for some 3rd year courses, which will now have to get pushed into 4th year.
    the only thing i could find on related to this is the condition in the BTEA info on the welfare site.
    "You must be starting your course at year one.
    However, you can apply if you:
    Did not complete your course and are returning to the second or subsequent year of your course."
    that suggests to me that you get BTEA to complete your degree
    ill post any more info i get on this

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sye52

that would be brilliant if you could keep me up to speed. I will post here I get any info to.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sye52

Hey, did you find out anything else about the btea for an extra year?

Advertisement