Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Development

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

being honest, inservice is about the only course to go to unless you are able to get one of the prize tickets to the UL/IMTA summer courses. Having said that, you are out of the game 1 year so thats not bad and PM is not a whole new thing, your own maths education should be able to get the ball rolling quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 podwyer1

TheDriver wrote: »
    being honest, inservice is about the only course to go to unless you are able to get one of the prize tickets to the UL/IMTA summer courses. Having said that, you are out of the game 1 year so thats not bad and PM is not a whole new thing, your own maths education should be able to get the ball rolling quickly.

Obviously, I need to have a job to do in-service? Vicious circle?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭doc_17

I'm not sure if you need a job to go to the inservice. Ring up PM team and ask them. But listen, you should be fit to cach up to it in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

podwyer1 wrote: »
    Obviously, I need to have a job to do in-service? Vicious circle?!
    I've certainly been to inservices attended by student teachers but they probably still got in through their schools. I imagine you don't have to be working though but there might be a fee if you're not. Hopefully there isn't though. It's good to see someone taking the attitude that they need to upskill rather than just assume they'll pick it up on the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I meet lots of people at inservice who are currently unemployed. I don't think there's a problem with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement