Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tag on a Citroen Grand Picasso

Options
  • 24-07-2012 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm having so much problem with the tag not working in my Grand Picasso - any other GP owner outthere with same problem ?

no matter where I put the tag on (either standard or curved bracket) it won't read at any fast lane at tolls ???

Rang easytrip a few times and after changing the tag -which was not working anymore (had it a few years so think the battery was low or dead) - the new one is not working in my GP.

I know the GP have a bigger inclined windscreen but there must be a solution ???

anyone with a Grand Picasso out there with a tag working at tolls ? if you could share where you put it on the windscreen it would be much appreciated :-)

Cheers
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

Slaacer wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm having so much problem with the tag not working in my Grand Picasso - any other GP owner outthere with same problem ?

no matter where I put the tag on (either standard or curved bracket) it won't read at any fast lane at tolls ???

Rang easytrip a few times and after changing the tag -which was not working anymore (had it a few years so think the battery was low or dead) - the new one is not working in my GP.

I know the GP have a bigger inclined windscreen but there must be a solution ???

anyone with a Grand Picasso out there with a tag working at tolls ? if you could share where you put it on the windscreen it would be much appreciated :-)

Cheers
    G

I have a Grand Picasso and an eflow tag, one of the newer small ones. I mounted it just above where the rear view mirror connects to the windscreen and have had no issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Slaacer

that's where I have mine at the moment but the sensors at tolls are not picking it up. do you have it horizontally or vertical ? I take it is beside the black dots and not on them right ?

easytrip told me that it "works" on the M50 but because it picks up the reg number and match it with my tag no but the technology at tolls is different - they need to match the reg and the tag together (or so I was told). and if one fails then can't go through the fast lane.

Thanks
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

that's where I have mine at the moment but the sensors at tolls are not picking it up. do you have it horizontally or vertical ? I take it is beside the black dots and not on them right ?

Thanks
    G

It's horizontal but not sure re the black dots. I will check later and post reply, but I think it sits practically touching the plastic of the mirror holder. Mine is the 2008 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

I take it is beside the black dots and not on them right ?

I have my Tolltag mounted on the black dots in an S-Max, works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Maybe put it at a corner of the screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

I know it might not be relivent but I found that those tolls will not read if you are not doing under the posted limit (50Kph ?) or the limit as a max before you get to the first "barrier" bit where the reader is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

macrubicon wrote: »
    I know it might not be relivent but I found that those tolls will not read if you are not doing under the posted limit (50Kph ?) or the limit as a max before you get to the first "barrier" bit where the reader is.

Theres no barrier on the M50 though and the limit is 100. I've been in a good few different cars with tags going through and no issue. If it can read there at 100 surely it should be able to read elswhere at less. The only issue would be getting to the barrier too quick before it lifts. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Theres no barrier on the M50 though and the limit is 100. I've been in a good few different cars with tags going through and no issue.

Yep - the M50 no problems but the others where you use the dedicated lane I have found this to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

macrubicon wrote: »

Not true at Cappataggle on the M6, you can sail through at 100, even though the limit is 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

You have to mount it on the black dots, the rest of your screen has a uv protector on it (according to what I was told, i presume they mean the tint as uv light doesnt pass through glass:D)
    Which blocks the signal.
    Worked on my c5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭eFlow: John

Hi Guys,

Some cars are now fitted with 'Athermic' windscreens. These windows have a UV coating which reduce overheating and bleaching of interior plastics etc. The Citroen Picasso may be fitted with this type of windscreen. If that is the case, the tag must be mounted in the area above the rearview mirror. This area may be black with clear dots.

The UV coating prevents the radio signals from the toll point reaching the tag and the tags response getting to the toll. It also interferes with SatNav.

Try mounting the tag in this location, if you need a new tag holder, PM me (Ciaran and Una) and I can have one sent out free of charge.

Hope this helps,

Regard,

John

Advertisement