Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lo cap mid cap hi cap?

Options
  • 24-07-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

hi just wondering as im new to airsoft havent played yet:( lol ill be playing indoor cqb most of the time with an smg i know im a different person from you but what do you think would suit me best ill probably be playing with 4 mags probably so ill probably get hi caps but if you knpw better please tell me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

If you're only starting, high caps would probably be the better option as you'll be able to carry more rounds in less mags (saving some cost). The only disadvantage with the high caps is the need to wind and the rattling noise which wouldn't make too much of a difference in CQB, at least when I played it was pretty loud already.

If you go with the mid-caps you'll have less rounds, and "may" need more mags, I found that when I switched to mids I used less bbs in a day, when I first started I used 5000 in a day (well it only happened thrice, but still).
    The mid caps have the advantage of no need to wind, and no noise, but reduced capacity.

There is another option, which would be lonex flash mags but as you said you'll be using a SMG they mightn't have the mag type you want (they do M4, AK47 type mags). These mags give the capacity of a high cap and only need a string pulled several times and they'll empty without the need to wind again (afaik). These are slightly expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

You own the gun already, yes? If so fill mag with BB's, and run around house. If that noise annoys you beyond belief, then get yourself some mid caps. If you like the idea of having to reload under fire, then get mid caps. If you like the idea of carrying magazines on your person in various pouches etc for that tactical look, then mids fit the profile a lot better.

But, if that noise does not annoy you, and you don't fancy reloading under fire, and the idea of carrying more magazines is a burden, then high cap mags are perfect. They hold more BB's, you just wind them on, and you don't require as many to stay competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Go out and play! See how you fare with your hi-cap magazine. Ask on site if you can borrow 2/3 mid caps for a game and see how you like that instead.

I find mid caps save me ammo (which in turn saves me money) and are just so much more enjoyable to skirmish with. Plus the thrill of reloading under fire is not to be beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Personally I wouldn't recommend hi caps to anyone. Annoying rattle, constantly winding, there's nothing realistic about it in any way. Airsoft is about realism, and so realism should be encouraged above all else. Mid caps are the best way to start off, 120/150rd mags is enough ammo per mag for anyone. Running out of ammo, changing mags while under fire is realism, not winding as you go. Plus, in the long run, tactically it will make you a better player learning to conserve ammo and making your shots count rather than the whole spray and pray approach.

You can also buy packs of 8-10 mid caps for the same price or cheaper then 4 hi caps. Check out seairsoft or airsofteire.

At some stage in airsoft, if you stick with it, you'll move to mid caps, 99% do so why waste your money on the hi caps now. That's my opinion, enjoy whatever you decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Haribo1358

alright well thanks guys and i will run round the house haha lol but i dont have the gun yet but my others has a hi cap but the gun is a h&k ump so ump mags are hard to find and then it has to be the certain make which makes it harder so and ill probably decide one midcaps how many would yous recommend for a cqb filling up after every game i think the mid caps hold aroun 50 or so so thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

If the gun is branded H&K, then it is a clone of the ARES, at least as far as I am aware. Double Eagle is the maker of it as far as I know.

I'd be recommending 5x mid caps. It's a nice number, and tends to give you enough rounds without being too much of a burden.

Have you already purchased the gun, or is it merely a prospective purchase? The reason I ask is because at this stage I now refuse to buy a gun I cannot get mid caps for, or mod any mags to fit, as I won't play without them. So if it's of concern, it may be best moving toward a different gun

no i dont have the gun yet but i can get midcaps so it will be grand but is there any where in ireland or the uk that has them?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Haribo1358 wrote: »
    is there any where in ireland or the uk that has them?

Weeeell, it just so happens Inari could be the man to help you there lol :p

jayod30 wrote: »
    Weeeell, it just so happens Inari could be the man to help you there lol :p
    ha yeh as long as it aint to expensive lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

1. Use hicap that comes with gun.
    2. Get skills.
    3. Get midcaps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement