Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations like Radiolab, This American Life...

Options
  • 24-07-2012 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I wondering if more of you knowledgeable folk could recommend some podcasts for?

Ones I currently love;

This American Life
    Radiolab
    Stuff To Blow Your Mind
    Big Picture Science
    Freakonomics
    Stuff You Should Know

Based on the above, could anyone make any suggestions?

I've heard about Penn's Sunday School - I'm a HUGE fan of Penn & Teller, unfortunately I can't find it on Google Listen. :(

Any other recs for good podcast apps for Android?

Thanks everyone! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

The Infinite Monkey Cage
    Dr Karl and the Naked scientist
    Dr Karl on TrippleJ
    The Skeptics guide to the Universe
    The Atheist Experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg on BBC Radio 4 is always worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Fresh Air?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

99% Invisible is about 99% closer to the first two podcasts named than any others in the thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ByronFrump

Love and Radio, very smart and always surprising show, with a trippy conversational format.

Also, The Moth podcast (featuring 'true stories told live without notes', in front of a live studio audience). This is HUGE in the states, and perhaps even more influential (in its promotion of creative non-fiction to the best seller lists) than TAL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Star Talk with Neil DeGrasse Tyson

http://www.startalkradio.net/

Advertisement