Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pawning engagement/wedding rings

Options
  • 23-07-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Has anyone pawned their rings? I'd like to pawn my engagement ring but I'm wondering how much people received from pawnbrokers in relation to the amount they initially paid.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Has anyone pawned their rings? I'd like to pawn my engagement ring but I'm wondering how much people received from pawnbrokers in relation to the amount they initially paid.

Cheers :)
    I'm not so sure it's a real separation /divorce issue per sé HP. I've no experience of selling or pawning mine, because I told my ex to take it back.

That's just me though. If I were you is get several opinions from different jewellers.

I'd be wary of pawn brokers though hon :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Hey there,

S&D is really for getting support and advice for posters going through the process...

As jewellery is completely individual and the price of gold/stones changes, I don't think anyone here is placed to tell you what you can expect to get for a particular piece.

I think your best bet is contacting all local/online jewellery buyers and getting valuations for your particular rings.

All the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement