Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What fake tan to use for my debs?

Options
  • 23-07-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

hi, i have my debs this summer and I'm going to do my own tan. what's the best tan out there, that doesn't look orange and doesn't come off on clothes or in rain? i'd like a natural looking tan, not too dark, that's easy to apply :S

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I love the St. Tropez ones, the mouse is brilliant, as well as the instant one ! little bit pricey but worth it, i find it looks very natural and not at all orange more olivey. I heard Penneys and pharmacys do a cheaper version called St. Moritz and friends have used it and said its good ! only around 4 euro too ! Practice a few times first ! hope you enjoy your night !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'd use St Moritz, I'd start applying it daily about 4-5 days before the debs, washing off the excess every day and plenty of moisturisor.

For special occasions, I like to top my tan off with some Sally Hansen. Its waterproof and gives the skin a flawless finish.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Hi, I did my own tan for my grad in June too.
    I used the Dove summer glow moisturising lotion and definately reccommend it.
    I started building it up maybe 5 days - 1 week beforehand.
    I had used it before on a few occassions and honestly, one decent application the night before is good enough for me.
    However this time I decided to keep applying it. Not to make it darker but to ensure it lasted, and it did.
    It was the perfect light, non-orange tan I had hoped for.
    And it didn't rub off onto my champagne coloured dress. Result. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

My debs was last week. I used the new L'Oreal Sublime Bronze mousse (this one http://www.loreal-paris.co.uk/skincare/sun-care/sublime-bronze/golden-mousse.aspx) I applied it on Monday and again on Tuesday night (debs was on Wednesday) It was really good, the colour has a golden tone to it, so it's not orange at all. I'd say that's the most natural looking tan I've tried. I got it for around €13 in Boots.

Someone already mentioned the St Moriz one. It's good enough, but I wouldn't wear it for something like the debs. It's a decent tan but the colour isn't nice, it's got quite a red tone to it. I'd avoid the lotion tan things like the Dove one, sometimes the tan doesn't show up at all and other times it can be really streaky.

I wouldn't really bother with St. Tropez or anything like that, there's nicer tans that cost half the price of those. And spray tans can be really orange.

Sorry for the long post :P So yeah I think the L'Oreal mousse is the best, and use a mitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

123 LC wrote: »
    hi, i have my debs this summer and I'm going to do my own tan. what's the best tan out there, that doesn't look orange and doesn't come off on clothes or in rain? i'd like a natural looking tan, not too dark, that's easy to apply :S

thanks!

Something to consider a bottle of tan could cost €30-€40 whereas you could get a good spray tan for €25 (in Dublin). If you buy a bottle my favourite is rockstar mousse €30 and st tropez €34 (on special in boots at the mo). I love rockstar and vani-t spray tans. For a natural tan I have heard au courant tan is the best and is used by a lot of brides for their wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

Millem wrote: »
    Something to consider a bottle of tan could cost €30-€40 whereas you could get a good spray tan for €25 (in Dublin). If you buy a bottle my favourite is rockstar mousse €30 and st tropez €34 (on special in boots at the mo). I love rockstar and vani-t spray tans. For a natural tan I have heard au courant tan is the best and is used by a lot of brides for their wedding.

I agree, a spray tan is probably your best bet and much cheaper than buying a good quality self tan

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

thanks for all the replies!!

i bought the st tropez mousse, so at least i can use it a few more times after the debs! :) i said i better go for a good quality one with the occassion that was in it.

i was considering a spray tan but i know a few people who got it done and werent very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

123 LC wrote: »
    thanks for all the replies!!

i bought the st tropez mousse, so at least i can use it a few more times after the debs! :) i said i better go for a good quality one with the occassion that was in it.

i was considering a spray tan but i know a few people who got it done and werent very happy with it.

St tropez is a brill tan, good quality spray tans are unreal, you would actually get a week out of them if you look after them. But the cost at least €25, any places doing them for less they will more than likely be using a cheap Solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Millem wrote: »
    St tropez is a brill tan, good quality spray tans are unreal, you would actually get a week out of them if you look after them. But the cost at least €25, any places doing them for less they will more than likely be using a cheap Solution.
    ya i paid 27, hopfully it'll be worth it for the night anyway, i didnt spend too much on the dress so i had money to spare

Advertisement