Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script required - remove software

Options
  • 23-07-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

hey everyone,
    been working on trying to remove a program that was installed locally to the C:\program files drive.

so basically i want to remove a program on XP machines, i've tried batch/vbs files but none will work locally, any ideas??

not great on scripting so excuse the ignorance!! :)

byw...it doesnt have an msi file its an .exe file

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Try running the exe you want to remove in a command prompt with /? and see if it has a silent uninstall option?

eg program.exe /? then return

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭thumper10

that just opens the application..and logs in

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Grand so no silent uninstall

Is there any uninst.exe in the folder?

ok, got it working locally on the pc with the below, but my question is, i used the regedit key to find the location, would this be the same in all pc's on the domain or just that pc...?

msiexec /x "{A91E3887-5185-4091-AF33-B0048444055}" /m /qb /norestart

to answer your question there's no uninstall file

just checked my mchine, and it has the same registry key, so installing it back onto the machine

• Advertisement
Advertisement