Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War Glenmalure

Options
  • 23-07-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    I'm doing the War Glenmalure on Saturday for the first time and was wondering if anyone had any advice for the transition stations? I thought that there would be more info in the briefing - such as transition station ethics or recommendations especially for us triathlon virgins! :)
    Also I have clip pedals on my bike so I'll need to have cycle shoes as well as runners. As there are two different stations does this mean I have to carry my runners with me on the cycle? I take it that this is the case but I just want to be 100%.
    Any other advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yes you would need to bring your shoes and anything else you need with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What course in Glenmalure, sport or expert ? For sport you wouldn't need to bring anything as the transition from running to bike, back to the finish is in the one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alexgal

doing the War. I thought that if I'm going to do an adventure triathlon I might as well go the whole hog.
    I hadn't thought about the runners until someone mentioned it to me today! At least I have a few days to figure out what to do with the runners :)

Advertisement