Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best mods and where to get

• 23-07-2012 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Picked up skyrim in the steam sale. After playing the crap out of it on the box, i picked it up for the mods. So anyways where's the best place to find them and whats the best mods. Mainly looking to update the textures and new weapons\companions etc. Had a look at the steam workshop but the amount of mods gave me a headache.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

The best place for mods imo is the Nexus http://skyrim.nexusmods.com

It's either that or the steam workshop.
    However, if the amount of mods on the workshop gave you a headache, the nexus will do no better - especially since you're looking for texture replacers, of which there are about 1 billion :pac:

You could try looking at the top 25 downloaded files on the Nexus (if you want a dozen skimpy armour/unrealistic female body mods, but the quality stuff does get on there as well).

If you give me an idea what kind of rig you're running and what kind of style you like/what you want to mod, I could certainly whip up a list of recommendations later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Got it going now, basically a mix of workshop and nexus. Nexus seems to be better. Got a 6970 and I5 2500K with 8 gig ram and 256GB SSD and it auto detected ultra. Got a few texture packs and 1 or 2 skimpy mods and must say it's looks impressive.

At the moment, the only texture mods i got running are hd patch from steam and the improved towns(basically riften, whiterun etc with plants all over). Got the UFO mod going which is crazy having 15 followers at a time. BTW don't put the sovergarde armour from sovengarde mod on a male character, i wasn't able to open my eyes for 2 hours after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 R.W Callaghan

For me Moonpath to Elsweyr is the best mod. Available off Steam and Nexus

Advertisement