Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA Application Question

Options
  • 23-07-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I know there'll be a lot of these but I just want to get my head straight on this!

I applied to DCU as a mature student and had my interview around March. I got a letter a few months ago to let me know that once CAO offers were being made, I would be offered a place. Since I knew my place was a sure thing, I sent away my BTEA application including a photocopy of this provisional acceptance letter.

Since then I've officially received an offer and have accepted it, and I now have that little receipt from CAO to say I've accepted a place on my chosen course.

What's my next step? Obviously I haven't heard from the SWO about my application yet, it's still early, but should I send this receipt or a copy of it to them now? Or would I be better off dropping in and discussing it. :confused: Did I do the wrong thing by sending off the form preemptively like that, should I just complete a whole new one and send it off with the official acceptance?

Any ideas would be great, it's a fairly nail biting situation for all of us!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

SW will send out a letter to you later on to tell you if you were accepted for BTEA. They will require a letter of registration from your college before payments begin. That's what happened with mine anyway. I wouldn't send in another one. You could only confuse the matter. It's still fairly early yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

I would however, check with the SWO to ensure that they still have your initial BTEA application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Fish Bloke

Hmm, that's what I was thinking. Just wanted to see what the done thing was before I got ahead of myself. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

It won't do any harm to chase it up, just give them a bell and ask what the story is

Advertisement