Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheen Wood and cycling routes around Killaloe

Options
  • 22-07-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if you can cycle in Raheen Wood near Tuamgraney / Killaloe?? Also where can you leave a car if you want to go walking. Doesn't seem to be much parking spaces at the main entrance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ellie1511

Any good (safe!!) cycling routes around Killaloe for cyclists who are not that comfortable with cycling on busy roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

The 'Raheen Woods cycling route' and 'cycling routes around Killaloe' threads have merged as they relate to the one topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Here are some links to Lough Derg Cycleways and other bike routes around Killaloe/Lough Derg.

I hope this is of some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ellie1511

Hi thanks for that. I saw a cycle way on a map called Killaloe / Tuamgraney cycleway. It looked like it was off the road for at least part of it and seemed to start at Two mile gate (near UL activity centre) however the only way we could see was the Clare Way walking route. I was wondering if you can cycle that??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Ellie, if you cycle from Two Mile Gate towards Scariff, take your first turn left up towards the Piper's Inn there is a nice cycle that way on small quiet country roads. Big hills though!!!
    You could cycle through Raheen Woods I suppose but I never saw anyone do it and at the main entrance is the only palce to park really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement