Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA?

Options
  • 22-07-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

hello all ,
    i used to play GAA when i was younger up to about 4 years ago, and i was thinkin is it too late to join a new club as i really miss the sport .
    i would be nervous about meetin that many new lads with long friendships and clique....
    advice please :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 TheJoker101

I would say it is too late.Most G.A.A team don't accept new members over the age of 18.Even if you did get in they would probably bully you because of your age.

Have you considered rugby?Most rugby teams are very friendly and willing to accept outcasts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would say it is too late.Most G.A.A team don't accept new members over the age of 18.Even if you did get in they would probably bully you because of your age.

Have you considered rugby?Most rugby teams are very friendly and willing to accept outcasts.

Crock of shít!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 TheJoker101

[QUOTE=ShamoBuc;798584 of shít![/QUOTE]

Yeah I know that but I thought I would answer his question anyway in hope he would leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Simpkin wrote: »
    hello all ,
    i used to play GAA when i was younger up to about 4 years ago, and i was thinkin is it too late to join a new club as i really miss the sport .
    i would be nervous about meetin that many new lads with long friendships and clique....

I went back this year after not playing for over a decade. Seemed to slot straight in. Everyone was very nice and if a new face appeared at training lads went straight over to introduce themselves and make a lad feel welcome.

Go for it if you're keen. Check out the thread at the top of the forum. Plenty of clubs there looking for new members. There should be one close to you if you haven't a club in mind already.

I'm just lost for words on that one....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,034 ✭✭✭✭event

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Simpkin wrote: »
    hello all ,
    Go to Kildare, football or hurling it doesnt really matter, you can walk into clubs and straight into the starting team regardless of whether or not you have played that code before...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭paul71

Trolling rubish!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Simpkin

SeaFields wrote: »
    I went back this year after not playing for over a decade. Seemed to slot straight in. Everyone was very nice and if a new face appeared at training lads went straight over to introduce themselves and make a lad feel welcome.

Go for it if you're keen. Check out the thread at the top of the forum. Plenty of clubs there looking for new members. There should be one close to you if you haven't a club in mind already.

I'm just lost for words on that one....

nice one man thanks for the advice .... ye i think i will have to join a team, need to get back into it
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Going back playing at the age of 31 was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I was new to an area and I met loads of people and made great friends.

I had not played for about 10 years

Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ive never seen a GAA club turn away any man and these days, every man counts.

as for the jokers jibe above, using rugby, the most socially divisive and snobbish game in the world as an example is laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Simpkin

ive never seen a GAA club turn away any man and these days, every man counts.

as for the jokers jibe above, using rugby, the most socially divisive and snobbish game in the world as an example is laughable.

ye im gonna definatly go for it.

and p.s. your exactly right about that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

I am involved with St Brendans in Grangegorman. It is in Dublin 7. Not too far from the middle of town and close to Smithfield and Phibsboro. We have 2 Gaelic Football Teams, 1 Hurling team and are in the process of setting up a Ladies Gaelic Football team. We train twice a week and accommodate players who just want to train with the club. Our club is made up of members from near and far. As we have no underage teams we are always happy to see new faces.
    If you are interested my number is 0861731984.
    Eugene

• Registered Users Posts: 6 the123456

go back :P

Advertisement