Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dboys M4A1 Project.

Options
  • 21-07-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, just had an idea in my head to buy a Dboys M4A1 And fit it with:

Magpul Handguard
    Magpul Pistol Grip
    Magpul Trigger Guard
    Magpul MOE Buttstock

The only thing is, I've never had a Dboys before and i dont know if theyre any good, Build quality and Internals. Also i found a website that ive bought off before and they seem to sell Magpul Parts, probably clones but i dont know if theyre good or not, link to the magpul parts on the website is
    http://s.dealextreme.com/search/magpul.html?page=2 . Let me know what yous think of it all lads, cheers, Dylan. :)

This is what it would look like by the way :P

7617679430_307d2d7a58.jpg
    myweapon(2) by DJDylan106, on Flickr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I've bought some of the Magpul stuff off there before and they are clones, but some of them were good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

I've bought some of the Magpul stuff off there before and they are clones, but some of them were good quality
    Alright, thanks man, at least i know now that theyre clones and that theyre alright clones at that, cheers, Dylan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Alright, thanks man, at least i know now that theyre clones and that theyre alright clones at that, cheers, Dylan. :)

just something to consider, if you're going for a magpulll set up you're probably better off just getting G&P M4 MOE, you'll prob save yourself some money in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Leeroy!

T4RGET wrote: »
    just something to consider, if you're going for a magpulll set up you're probably better off just getting G&P M4 MOE, you'll prob save yourself some money in the long run

totally agree :D

although a project gun can be great fun - I'm about 90% of the way with my project and its been very pleasing to get this far and the AEG i have now is in my opinion out of this world. but as they say "different strokes, different folks"

BTW - as far as i know my base was a Dboys M4, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

Leeroy! wrote: »
    totally agree :D

although a project gun can be great fun - I'm about 90% of the way with my project and its been very pleasing to get this far and the AEG i have now is in my opinion out of this world. but as they say "different strokes, different folks"

BTW - as far as i know my base was a Dboys M4, could be wrong though.

Yea it was just a thought in my head to do it but ive never built an aeg before so it might be some experince but ill have a think about it over the next few weeks and see what i come up with :P Thanks for reply man, Dylan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Leeroy!

DJDylan106 wrote: »
    Yea it was just a thought in my head to do it but ive never built an aeg before so it might be some experince but ill have a think about it over the next few weeks and see what i come up with :P Thanks for reply man, Dylan.

i would definitely have to agree though, if your looking to build an M4 with magpul bits - just buy the actual Magpul M4 by G&P, its got about 200 euros worth of magpul stuff on it.

Magpul Stock
    Magpul Pistol grip
    Magpul Front handguard
    Magpul Lower Receiver

all of which would equate to roughly 150 - 200 on their own. The lower receiver being the main part of the cost.

You can get a genuine set of magpul parts in a set from a well known retailer in North Dublin - (don't know if I'm allowed to say their name or not)?

Anwyay - if you've got 350euro - G&P Magpul MOE M4 is what you should get then you won't have to buy anything else for it and it will be Gucci'd out of its little face :cool:

hope that helps

Advertisement