Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad K1 10.1 inch Tablet £200 (Amazon)

Options
  • 21-07-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Just noticed the Lenovo IdeaPad K1 10.1 inch Tablet 16Gb, has dropped in price on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Tablet-Storage-Android/dp/B005HV9CEW/ref=dp_return_2?ie=UTF8&n=340831031&s=computers

Seems to me to have reasonable specs. Anyone any opinions on it? Previous lowest price was about £270.
    Processor: NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 1GHz:Operating System: Android 3.1 (Honeycomb)Display: 10.1 inch HD (1280 x 800) LED anti-glare:Video Graphics: Integrated:Memory: 1Gb LPDDRII 600MHz:Storage: 16Gb eMMC:Sound: 1 x 1W speaker built in:Integrated Communications: WLAN 802.11 bgn, Bluetooth v2.1:Connectors: mini HDMI, microSD:Camera: 2MP (front), 5MP (rear):Weight: 0.77 KgDimensions (WxDxH): 264.2 x 187.9 x 12.7 mm:Battery: 2 cell, 27.4 w/hr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Even better is the "used" 32gb version from Amazon warehouse for £171!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Soarer wrote: »
    Even better is the "used" 32gb version from Amazon warehouse for £171!

Hadn't noticed that. Would I be right in thinking warehouse items are one people have returned to Amazon, and probably haven't been used really?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Yup.
    If you can get one "used - as new", it'll probably be just reboxed.

We got a tv from the warehouse a while back and even though it came in a generic brown box, the set was brand new. All plastic still attached an all.

You might have to go trough deliverme.ie or that parcel motel crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Tablets being tablets, how does the K1 compare with the Nexus 7 apart from the size? Looking ahead to Xmas for a tablet for an 11 yr for games and youtube and music. Can you install Itunes to a K1 or Nexus 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Did anyone end up buying one of these? I am seriously thinking of getting one...I do not need cutting edge technology, just really would want it as an ereader, internet browsing and something small to take to college for notes. Reviews are very mixed. Would I be better off waiting for the Motorola xooms to drop a little more? (Saw on HUKD that currys on ebay were selling off the xoom 1 for only £134) Or is there something around the €250/£200 mark for a 10 incher that is better than these? My son got a google nexus 7 yesterday (early birthday present) but that would be a bit too small for my liking.

• Advertisement
Advertisement