Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Ballybrack - No longer 24 Hours

Options
  • 21-07-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

The Tesco in Ballybrack isn't a twenty four hour store anymore.

It's a pity, I found the 24 Hours opening at the Tesco Ballybrack very handy.

New hours: 6am to Midnight

No idea if it is seasonal or permanent. I'll ask next time I'm down, or maybe another member has that answer.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think it might have changed its opening hours at the start of June, though the main sign on the road wasn't updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I asked..

'An experiment', to see if they can push (after) midnight trade to visit before midnight, to get better trade leading up to midnight, using the new hours.

Staff member didn't sound convinced about the plan, looked rather peevish explaining the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I found this out the hard way about 2 weeks ago when I said I would rop in on the way home from a mates to pick something up :(!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

That's a shame, but having been there a few times around midnight and there being very few people there I'm not too surprised. I suppose if they finish stacking the shelves by midnight it makes sense, but if they're still inside it would seem a bit of a waste not to keep the doors open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

They're still inside.. there's not even a padlock on the roller that's been pulled down. Staff shelf packing away, security man at his desk. Tesco lady sorting through discarded stock at the check out areas..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Walshie

Tesco Dundrum is the same tonight. Just popped in after work at 11:20pm. Sign in the door of DTC saying 'Closing at 11pm BH Monday and re-opening Tuesday at 7am'! I hope the experiment DOESN'T work. I like going in for a mooch in the middle of the night, don't you?

Now that I think of it I recall seeing work going on over the main Tesco entrance - they were installing shutters. I can't see it being reversed - my guess, cutbacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its a right pain, I usually went in on the way home from the pub, so perhaps my belly will be better off as I could never resist all the donuts being sold off for a few cent. Have to nip around the George now if he is still open!
    but having been there a few times around midnight and there being very few people there I'm not too surprised.
    I have seen massive queues though, what is really annoying is the ordeal they used to have to go through to get people cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭markpb

Walshie wrote: »
    Tesco Dundrum is the same tonight. Just popped in after work at 11:20pm. Sign in the door of DTC saying 'Closing at 11pm BH Monday and re-opening Tuesday at 7am'! I hope the experiment DOESN'T work. I like going in for a mooch in the middle of the night, don't you?

At a guess, they took the opportunity of DTCs reduced opening hours over the BH weekend to complete the refurbishment they've been doing for the last few weeks. They've made a lot of changes lately, moved all the self service tills, did some work to the displays at the back and successfully moved lots of stuff so I can no longer find it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

It used to piss me right off the fact that often they only had the Self service checkouts open at that time.

Advertisement