Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to move to Devon...

Options
  • 21-07-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am from Ireland and wish to move over to South Devon. Has anyone got any advice for me? I would need advice on accommodation, jobs, how much money would be enough to move with, etc.

Any form of advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Why south Devon?? It's miles and miles from everywhere!! ...except Cornwall, which is lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Myself and my partner are talking about a move to that area too, although more specifically, Cornwall.

I'm currently doing loads of research on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Devon is a great place. I lived in Exeter, Sidmouth and a great vilage, Newton Poppleford.

Exeter is a vibrant city, has a large student population. It was years ago that I lived there, so cant help on the money side.

Exmouth was nice when I was there.

Dartmoor is a great place to explore.

Torquay has its problems, but Paignton is nice.

Great beaches all along the south coast.

I am thinking of returning there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

That's a great help, MLumley.

Have they got any local newspapers that I should look up re jobs and stuff?

I would be looking for Social Care jobs, are there any areas I should look up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

My parents live in North Devon
    My relatives live in Plymouth, South Devon.
    Exeter is really nice, i'd avoid plymouth though.
    Its nice in the summer, but it does get a lot of snow, so pack your wooly clothes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement