Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chris Fields and cage warriors stuff

Options
  • 21-07-2012 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭

Ever wonder what motivates fighters to put their bodies on the line by stepping into the cage? Brad & Tommy asked some of the stars of Cage Warriors 48 why they do it.

Cage Warriors 48, the organisation's 10th birthday show, takes place at the HMV Forum in Kentish Town, London on Saturday, 21 July, 2012.

Watch the main card live on MMAJunkie.com (not available in the UK and Ireland) at 9pm,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭CageWarriors

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I am unaware of the politics and deals in place with MMAjunkie but the idea that these card are blocked from the UK and Ireland for live streaming seems farsical. I know they'll be on Sky in a few days and orignally I thought it was to encourage people to go to the shows but for fans I find it very annoying that there is no way to watch the event live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RNC

one word... proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aidofar

How do I change my proxy to enable me to watch the Cage Warriors Stream on MMAJunkie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Fields dominated the opening round and a half until Philips managed to grab his neck after Fields took him down and submitted him via guillotine. Very unlucly for Fields, he looked great and landed some great kicks and trip takedowns. Philips didn't really offer much besides an early flurry of hooks. Definite rematch I reckon once this tourny is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Jayo_M wrote: »
    Fields dominated the opening round and a half until Philips managed to grab his neck after Fields took him down and submitted him via guillotine. Very unlucly for Fields, he looked great and landed some great kicks and trip takedowns. Philips didn't really offer much besides an early flurry of hooks. Definite rematch I reckon once this tourny is finished.
    Just watched it there, you pretty much summed it up. Chris looked great for the first round and half, until the choke

The kick everyone's talking about , Phillips call's Fields on, Fields replies with a kick across the chin.

A MMA moment to remember.

Watch Cage Warriors 48 Wed night on SkySports.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8751&d=1343060883

• Advertisement

So we had four excellent submission victories on the Cage Warriors 48 main card on Saturday night, but we can't work out which one was most deserving of the 'Submission of the Night' bonus...so we want you to decide for us.

Watch Cage Warriors 48 tonight on Sky Sports 4 at 10.30pm (UK) and make up your own mind on who deserves the accolade - Aaron Wilkinson, John Phillips, Danny Roberts or Kris Edwards?

To have your say, simply comment on this status with the name of the fighter you wish to vote for (one vote per person). The poll is open right NOW and will close at 5pm tomorrow (Thursday).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cage-Warriors-Fighting-Championship/112090072144502

• Registered Users Posts: 19,164 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

John Phillips has a broken bone in his hand and is out of the Kusch fight.

Chris Fields has been awarded the title shot and will fight Kusch on Sept 1.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29930/john-phillips-out-at-cwfc-fight-night-7-chris-fields-awarded-title-shot.mma

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

MrStuffins wrote: »
    John Phillips has a broken bone in his hand and is out of the Kusch fight.

Chris Fields has been awarded the title shot and will fight Kusch on Sept 1.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29930/john-phillips-out-at-cwfc-fight-night-7-chris-fields-awarded-title-shot.mma

Great news for Chris!!

Advertisement