Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kiss FM Dublin Tracks

Options
  • 20-07-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Iv been listening to Kiss FM for quite some time now since its started and its a great station and all, but one thing that bothers me from studying radio for two years in college is the fact that they dont seem to link songs very well...

They play a great deal of non-chart based dance music and some good mixes but they never seem to say who the songs are by even though they tend to play the same songs quite alot such as I follow Rivers by Lykki Li (Magicians remix)

I was just curious if anyone knew any of the other songs they seem to play frequently but never seem to link?

Also does anyone know why they dont mention song names i.e. legal reasons, licencing etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

crowther15 wrote: »
    Iv been listening to Kiss FM for quite some time now since its started and its a great station and all, but one thing that bothers me from studying radio for two years in college is the fact that they dont seem to link songs very well...

They play a great deal of non-chart based dance music and some good mixes but they never seem to say who the songs are by even though they tend to play the same songs quite alot such as I follow Rivers by Lykki Li (Magicians remix)

I was just curious if anyone knew any of the other songs they seem to play frequently but never seem to link?

Also does anyone know why they dont mention song names i.e. legal reasons, licencing etc

its not to do with licencing anyway seeing as the stations themselves are unlicenced i doubt they would be worried about such things, i agree its annoying as their some good tunes played, station is brill though realy setting the standards at the mo along with klub fm 88.1 long may they last i say. some tracks i can think of off the top of my head they play.
    1. Martin Solveig the night out.
    2. Avicii silluetes or is it sillooetes?
    3. Al Gibbs santran 2001 (cover of punchanella santrancisco)
    4. shakedown at night is on now as i type, classic.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crowther15

Just got back from Ibiza and the songs were quickly spelled out for me! ha

Million Voices-Otto Knows
    Epic-Sandro Silva & Quintino
    Toulouse-Nicky Romero

Drove me insane until I went on my holidays there and after asking a few randomers in a club I was told quickly ha

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

is kiss still on the air? i haven't seen it on the dial in a week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Kiss is off air around 4 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

yeah thought so. It was on before my holidays and then haven't heard it since i got back. Was wondering was it the station or my mind that was gone.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya's. Know a lot effort went into the set up and running of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crowther15

Its still broadcasting online I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

crowther15 wrote: »
    Its still broadcasting online I think...

it is, www.dublinskiss.com

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement