Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minidump

Options
  • 20-07-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭

whilst i was browsing online, i got a blue screen that lasted about 2 seconds, and the PC rebooted.

a few minutes prior to the BSOD, i did get a pop-up from AVG stating i was using too much memory, at the time i had 2 other apps open so closed them.

I'm guessing it was a memory issue that forced the PC to reboot.

Log File:

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS
    Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a

BCP1: 00000008
    BCP2: 00000002

BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 81FC2EDE
    OS
    Version: 6_0_6002
    Service Pack: 2_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini072012-01.dmp

C:\Users\BuckRogers\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-72290-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\BuckRogers\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE954.tmp.version.txt

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Have you analysed the dump file to see what the stop code was? See here for advice on how to do so if you're not sure.

Also, if you want to be able to note the details of the BSOD as it happens in future, go to system properties (right-click Computer icon and select "Properties", or press Windows Key and Pause together) and go to Advanced Settings > Startup & Recovery (near the bottom). Click "settings", then uncheck the "Automatically restart" option.

Fysh wrote: »
    Have you analysed the dump file to see what the stop code was? See here for advice on how to do so if you're not sure.

Seems it's 0x0000000a (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) according to the BCCode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

sorry in the late reply, to analyse the dump file i would have had to download a 500mb file (it contained all libraries) i didn't download that file.

I contacted Microsoft and they gave me a much smaller program to run, didnt even have to install it. Gave them the log and they suggested i increase my virtual memory, which i did, i am now not receiving any low memory messages.

Advertisement