Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sumvision Cyclone Astro + 16 GB 7" Android 4.0 - £89.99 incl delivery

Options
  • 20-07-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Got this email from 7dayshop today! Not familiar with Android so if this isn't a good deal, apologies!

Sumvision Cyclone Astro+ 7" Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Capacitive WiFi Tablet - 16GB - £89.99 incl VAT & delivery

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=113687

Using all new powerhouse CPU the Cyclone Astro tablet can run Flash, 1080p mkv movies, 3D gaming, websites and many more apps all smoothly. Big performance difference compared to other budget tablets in the market.

ANDROID 4.0 OS
    Cyclone Astro+ tablet using Android 4.0 (ice cream sandwich) OS provides unlimited features and functions to the tablet.
    Internet browsing, emailing, gaming, and many more.
    With thousands APK to choose from the market the Cyclone Astro can give unlimited entertainment to you.

CAPACTIVE SCREEN AND MULTI-TOUCH
    Cyclone Astro uses the latest capacitive screen technology to provide fast responsive access to your applications. Multi touch provides zoom in and out functions using your finger tips, great for Internet browsing.

BBC IPLAYER SUPPORTED
    Supports BBC iPlayer from web browser or download the app from the market. No need to miss your favourite programmes any more.

PLAYBACK 1080p MKV ON HDTV
    Connected using an HDMI cable(not included) you can display everything on the tablet direct to the big screen (no slow down.)

Specifications:
    CPU: ARM Cortex A8 1.2GHz
    RAM: 1GB DDR3
    ROM: 16GB
    Video Connection: HDMI
    Screen Display: 7 inch LCD (800x480)
    Touch Panel: Multi-touch capacitive touch screen
    Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11b/g/n compliant
    Storage: Micro SD card (up to 32GB)
    3D Accelerator: Supported
    Gravity Sensor: Supported
    USB Interface: USB 2.0
    Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, High-quality stereo speaker, built-in microphone
    Camera: 0.3 Megapixel
    Video Format: MPEG2/4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, RM, RMVB
    Audio Format: MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC
    Picture Format: JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG
    Subtitles Support: SRT, SUB, idx, SSA, SMI
    LAN Connection: Built-in 802.11n WiFi
    Function: Tablet Media Player, Email, Internet Surfing, Gaming, Social Networking, eBook and many more
    Battery: Built-in lithium polymer battery - 3200mAh
    Working Duraction: up to 7 hours

What’s in the Box
    Astro Tablet
    PSU Charger
    USB Cable
    OTG Cable
    Manual

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

If there is no subsequent VAT/Duty, it's a really good price for what you're getting. 1GB RAM & 16GB Flash is not too shabby at all.
    It says 3D Acceleration 'supported'. I'd be curious to know what this means.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

I've bought from these and have had no issue, postage is about £8stg, having said that a friend of mine bought from them twice and both times had to postage a customs fee and the An Post charge for collecting the customs fee, turned out to be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭mirec

no bluetooth ...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

Looking at this and it seems ok and probably ok for RTE player. Anyone know how this compares with the Allwinner A13 7 Inch mentioned in another post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

We are liable for import duty from Guernsey.

On a completed unrelated note, that parcelmotel looks interesting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭U2Flyboy

When I try to buy stuff off Amazon.Co.Uk I get the message

'We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination. You may either change the shipping address or delete the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0 and clicking the update button below. Learn more

Do I need a UK address or can I order this off Amazon.com for delivery to ROI?

I have used the BT1 2AA postcode previously and it works for small stuff from Amazon but I find that for more expensive items that are sent registered post, Amazon cancel the order and refund my credit card.

Any workarounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Try www.parcelmotel.com as recommended in another thread??? Seems to work fine.

Advertisement