Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone be a Certified Ethical Hacker?

Options
  • 20-07-2012 8:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

Whether or not someone can become a CEH depends on the individual's qualifications and their ability to pass a screening process. Those who seek employment as a CEH must pass a $250 computer-based test given by the International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council).

Preparation can be through independent study or by attending an Accredited Training Center (ATC). Those who elect independent study must have a minimum of two years of documented IT experience. The other option requires the same amount of experience and involves 67 modules of coursework designed by the EC-Council and delivered by an ATC. Each module is between 30 minutes and 5 hours in length. Why have an experience requirement? The experience requirement is to weed out any individuals that may have the wrong intentions or the tech-savvy "IT professional wannabes." In addition, to further the credibility of the program in general, an individual that is certified as a CEH must sign a written code of ethics and abide by all laws.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 vutshuvo

please help me by providing free online tutorial regarding ethical hacking , i have very much interest to learn this hacking

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

vutshuvo wrote: »
    please help me by providing free online tutorial regarding ethical hacking , i have very much interest to learn this hacking

Well if you haven't tried Google to find what you are looking for, then I don't see too much of a future as an Ethical Hacker...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

This is a new type of spam I've been seeing lately.

One poster asks a question, can be one post count. The question is usually pointless but references a company in a roundabout way.

You have another poster with a 10-40 post count, all gibberish, short stupid one liners or copy pastes from blogs. They try to add legitimacy to the thread by adding a answer, when a normal poster would see its a scam.

One poster asks a question, can be one post count. The question is usually pointless but references a company in a roundabout way.

You have another poster with a 10-40 post count, all gibberish, short stupid one liners or copy pastes from blogs. They try to add legitimacy to the thread by adding a answer, when a normal poster would see its a scam.

Hope you are not referring to me in that post. My original post was made in good faith.

Your post is too sarcastic to be spam. And your response too undignified.

• Advertisement

Your post is too sarcastic to be spam. And your response too undignified.

LOL!
    My initial post was helpful.
    Anyone looking to start a career in Ethical Hacking needs to have a naturally inquisitive mindset and know how to find solutions to often complex problems. If they can't use Google to find out basic information regarding training then perhaps it is not the right career choice.

Enjoy your weekend.

MiamiMice wrote: »
    Anyone looking to start a ***** career needs to have a naturally inquisitive mindset and know how to find solutions to often complex problems. If they can't use Google to find out basic information regarding training then perhaps it is not the right career choice.

You could say that about 90% of good jobs out there atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Banned the user and locking this, hope the Mods are OK with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement