Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AFL in London

Options
  • 20-07-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Might be worth popping across the water for a couple of days in November, even if it is two crap teams -

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=142068&utm_medium=RSS
    THE WESTERN Bulldogs and Port Adelaide will play an exhibition match at the The Oval in London on November 3.

The AFL today confirmed the game would go ahead between the two teams, the first game in London since Port Adelaide and Geelong played in 2006, after agreement was reached overnight with the Surrey County Cricket Club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

That's great news. I'm in the process of moving over there for work in the next 6 weeks. Best chance of getting to a game as I've never been before. Will hopefully be over in Melbourne next year for the start of the season, so going to try and schedule it for the Eagles trip there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

That's great news. I'm in the process of moving over there for work in the next 6 weeks. Best chance of getting to a game as I've never been before. Will hopefully be over in Melbourne next year for the start of the season, so going to try and schedule it for the Eagles trip there as well.

For holiday or perm move?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

jackbhoy wrote: »
    For holiday or perm move?

Permanent move. Season ticket on the train to Manchester to go with my season ticket. Should get to every game apart from the Southampton game.

Advertisement