Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City / Sathill venue for party

Options
  • 19-07-2012 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for a few options in the city/salthill area for an upcoming 40th birthday. I would like a venue which could accommodate 30-45 people and offer finger food / drinks for the same. There will be a wide age range in situ (80 - 18) so would like a room away from the main area in hotel/pub/ANother. One of the main requirements i would like would be a screen/projector in the room to show a DVD for the birthday girl. I know they're loads of venues which could suit this bill but I've ruled out a few as I've attended events in them recently and I'm looking for something a little more original/novel...these include The Oslo, The Cottage, Buskers, Radisson, Corrib Princess....

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

I had my 40th in The Cottage. It was fine. I paid for food and it went down well. There is a free food option but I didn't take that option. Bar service from the party room is through a hatch which was a pain in the ass. There was an open fire in the room which made it too warm. Otherwise, the night was a success.

More recently, I attended a 40th in The Salthill Hotel. It was perfect. The room was free but food had to be paid for. The bar was left open forever...!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭HappyDancer

Cheers ErnieBert,

I'd the same impression of the Cottage...hadn't thought of the Salthill hotel though....was the room hard to decorate for your event....very large, impersonal?

Rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

the Oz is also an option.
    40 people would take up the whole front section.

Cheers ErnieBert,

I'd the same impression of the Cottage...hadn't thought of the Salthill hotel though....was the room hard to decorate for your event....very large, impersonal?

Rgds

It was very large alright but the staff were excellent. There is also a very large projector screen. The room is away from the main bar and there are plenty of seats and tables. The room we were in is just to the right of the reception desk; at a guess, it is designed for 100 people There were only about half that amount when I was there but it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

The back of the Oslo down Salthill can be reserved, which is isolated from the tables at the front. It also has a projection screen (they usually show matches on it, etc). There is also a little stage area if you have a Dj. The only thing is that it is fairly large. The reason I mention it is that I was at a party there before with similar numbers in attendance and it was hard to keep the group together with that much space.

A little further away out in Knocknacarra, Sheridans (http://www.tomsheridans.ie/) has a middle level with a lovely new bar that would be ideal in size, has fantastic food and has a large plasma screen in that area too. Actually I was at a 40th party there a few months back and it was excellent having that area to ourselves (again similar numbers).

• Advertisement

Cheers for that,

Sheridans was also on my list as I'd live local to it...will call in to see about the screen / size

Thanks for recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Busker Brownes have pretty much what you're looking for in the middle of the city centre with a complementary DJ, room hire, finger foods and the large screen + music system if you want.

EDIT - Just seen you wanted something a bit more original, ermm... Townhouse? Pretty unique decor in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

University's college bar.
    Big screen, barbecue area, by the water, quiet location..

Thanks folks for all your replies. Called and booked Sheridan's over the weekend as it had all and was available,

Cheers

What time should I arrive? ;)

• Advertisement

Decided to go with a Mankini theme so you're very welcome to call in....

Advertisement