Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speed Camera - Red Van

Options
  • 19-07-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

I spotted a van the other day parked in a spot you normally see one of those mobile speed vans.
    When i got closer i noticed cameras fitted that you would normally find fitted to the official vans, only this van was red with no markings whatsoever.

I thought mobile speed camera vans had to be clearly visable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Kumsheen wrote: »
    I spotted a van the other day parked in a spot you normally see one of those mobile speed vans.
    When i got closer i noticed cameras fitted that you would normally find fitted to the official vans, only this van was red with no markings whatsoever.

It could be a survey van or it could be a Garda robot van and neither require the markings.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Kumsheen wrote: »

They also have "traffic survey vans" which apparently dont issue tickets/fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭mikeecho

unmarked GoSafe survey van

they park up in the places that the regular vans park up.

the idea behind them is that they will gather more accurate stats as to the speed on that road, as the majority of drivers will slow when they see a marked GoSafe Van.

Dont worry, the unmarked vans dont issue tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Garda gatso van.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Generally a survey van. They will have more accurate recordings as someone above already said. People don't notice them as much or see it's unmarked and stay speeding. Remember the spot and expect a marked van there over the coming weeks / months. You will probably notice the speed camera signs going up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

hondasam wrote: »
    Garda gatso van.
    Got clocked by one of these last week in Carrick On Shannon. When should I expect the mail?

ballooba wrote: »
    Got clocked by one of these last week in Carrick On Shannon. When should I expect the mail?

They are sent fast, anything up to 14 days, after that you are safe enough.

Garda gatso van.

i thought all the new ones were white

mikeecho wrote: »
    i thought all the new ones were white

I still see the red one around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

ballooba wrote: »

Generally anything from 2 days to 2 weeks but don't be surprised if you didn't get one even longer down the line. It can and does happen to get a letter 6 weeks later. Up to 2 weeks seems to be the run of the mil however.

• Advertisement

I still see the red one around.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57683577&postcount=17

08-D-61808
    08-D-61810
    08-D-61831
    08-D-61843
    08-D-61846
    08-D-61850
    08-D-61856
    08-D-61857

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dreamcarnival

08-D-61808
    08-D-61810
    08-D-61831
    08-D-61843
    08-D-61846
    08-D-61850
    08-D-61856
    08-D-61857

Add this to it as there is one currently blocking an emergency access gate. no markings, no lights.

08-D-51261

• Registered Users Posts: 51,133 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Jasus, 4 years later nearly to the day.

Advertisement