Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TrustiD Taxi?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I was down in Waterford a few months ago and came across this. Doing some research on it now yesterday and today.

Seems an Irish company are releasing an app called Trust id Taxi…

basically it can tell you whether a taxi you’re taking is safe or not, lets people know when & where you left, you can rate taxi drivers to let others know if they’re any good…also you can track the taxi you were in if you lose anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGDhbk1ryQ&feature=youtu.be

What do ye think? Could be done with it where im from!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,348 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Victor wrote: »

That's a handy site but would be easier to use if it could work off something like a QR code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

hardCopy wrote: »
    That's a handy site but would be easier to use if it could work off something like a QR code.
    All the vehicle licence discs (daisies) have a QR code that the enforcers read from their iphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CocoAyl

Where To wrote: »
    All the vehicle licence discs (daisies) have a QR code that the enforcers read from their iphones.
    Seems decent enough for a booking and complaint service too, I remember trying to complain before and it had to be a written complaint report

They would be the big benefactor if I was to use the service.. Save me getting fleeced on a Saturday going in and outta town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

CocoAyl wrote: »
    I was down in Waterford a few months ago and came across this. Doing some research on it now yesterday and today.

Seems an Irish company are releasing an app called Trust id Taxi…

basically it can tell you whether a taxi you’re taking is safe or not, lets people know when & where you left, you can rate taxi drivers to let others know if they’re any good…also you can track the taxi you were in if you lose anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGDhbk1ryQ&feature=youtu.be

What do ye think? Could be done with it where im from!!

More pandering to those of a nervous disposition.

If someone is so afraid to use a state licensed vehicle that they now need an "app" to make up their mind for them.....................

Has there been a such spate of taxi incidents to such an extent that they now have to be seen to sign up to some sort of Big Brother public relations scheme at the behest of app developers running out of original ideas?

How on earth have any of us functioned before such modern aids?

Nothing of the sort can tell you whether a taxi is "safe".

It may be licensed but still unsafe, mechanically speaking.

Did you mean "safe" in a different context?

This is all well and good but the video not only casually casts aspersions on the general taxi industry (remarks about cleaning up the taxi industry) but also quotes unverified statistics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

CocoAyl wrote: »
    Seems decent enough for a booking and complaint service too, I remember trying to complain before and it had to be a written complaint report

They would be the big benefactor if I was to use the service.. Save me getting fleeced on a Saturday going in and outta town.

The complaints "system" from here is nothing to do with the ACTUAL people responsible for driver and vehicle licensing, there is nothing to stop frivolous and vexatious complaints and no appeal process to the driver.

If you had a genuine complaint then why worry about it being on a written form? unless of course it was of a frivolous and vexatious nature!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

Spook_ie wrote: »
    The complaints "system" from here is nothing to do with the ACTUAL people responsible for driver and vehicle licensing, there is nothing to stop frivolous and vexatious complaints and no appeal process to the driver.

If you had a genuine complaint then why worry about it being on a written form? unless of course it was of a frivolous and vexatious nature!

Exactly. OP fishing for opinions, possibly connected to "app developer"?
    Richard Bruton and the "app developers" (sounds like the name of a band!) will no doubt be on the 9 o clock news one of these nights launching this innovative service................................................................................

Advertisement