If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Airstream - a question for John and any other owners

Options
  • 19-07-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭

Hi John,

I know you're a big fan of this device and I can't disagree with you as I love mine. However, I'm having a slightly strange issue with it and I was wondering if you or anyone else had come across something similar.

Basically, when the device is off, the display will randomly light up by itself i.e. not just the screen displaying the time, but everything, as if the device was turned on. It will sometimes flash on and off at random, or the lights may come on and stay on. Sometimes just the buttons on the left come on, sometimes it's just the light under the volume control.

It's slightly annoying as it's used in a bedroom and the lightshow doesn't particularly aid restful sleep! I'm just wondering if this has happened with anyone else's unit.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

blastman wrote: »
    Hi John,

I know you're a big fan of this device and I can't disagree with you as I love mine. However, I'm having a slightly strange issue with it and I was wondering if you or anyone else had come across something similar.

Basically, when the device is off, the display will randomly light up by itself i.e. not just the screen displaying the time, but everything, as if the device was turned on. It will sometimes flash on and off at random, or the lights may come on and stay on. Sometimes just the buttons on the left come on, sometimes it's just the light under the volume control.

It's slightly annoying as it's used in a bedroom and the lightshow doesn't particularly aid restful sleep! I'm just wondering if this has happened with anyone else's unit.

Blast,

if there is one criticism I have of the Airstream (and whilst I love mine I have a few (no remote / not properly balanced when placed horizontally..) the most annoying is that the light stays on at night and I haven't worked out how to dim the damn thing)

However saying that - I don't get a variable lightshow :D if it annoys you just bang it back to us and we will send it to Monitor Audio to let their boffins loose on.

Of course the other alternative is that you Bedroom is haunted??? ;)

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

Blast,

if there is one criticism I have of the Airstream (and whilst I love mine I have a few (no remote / not properly balanced when placed horizontally..) the most annoying is that the light stays on at night and I haven't worked out how to dim the damn thing)

However saying that - I don't get a variable lightshow :D if it annoys you just bang it back to us and we will send it to Monitor Audio to let their boffins loose on.

Of course the other alternative is that you Bedroom is haunted??? ;)

Keep me posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

@John: turn the light off via
    System Settings --> LCD Standby Backlight --> Always off

(time and date will still be dimly displayed, very dimly though. Light is normal when turned on)

@Blastman: Don't have a "lightshow" on my unit either! Must be some ghosts...

@John: turn the light off via
    System Settings --> LCD Standby Backlight --> Always off

(time and date will still be dimly displayed, very dimly though. Light is normal when turned on)

@Blastman: Don't have a "lightshow" on my unit either! Must be some ghosts...

New,

yep Thx, I have that already but I leave the radio playing all night (I'll wear out Radio 4 someday) and I wish I could switch the display off completely but it doesnt appear to be an option...there is always that little glow in the corner!

Ah well, thx anyway,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

John, I asked for the DAB/FM model, not the DAB/FM/Ghosts model! :)

I might drop it back to you if that's OK when I'm up in Belfast sometime. Probably not worth the effort to box it up and post it back, though

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

I might drop it back to you if that's OK when I'm up in Belfast sometime. Probably not worth the effort to box it up and post it back, though

You could do the same as John, and try listening to Radio 4 all night. That should deter even the most commited poltergeist... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I already do! Might have to switch to the World Service at this rate (after the Shipping Forecast, obviously).... :D

Blast,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - no problem, you know where we are ;) - it's covered by a 2 year warranty anyway and Monitor Audio are always pretty flexible with their warranty conditions anyway :)

Keep us posted and good luck with the ghosties, (we'll know when you start watching the static white noise on the TV that the Airstream has done it's work...)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

I already do! Might have to switch to the World Service at this rate (after the Shipping Forecast, obviously).... :D

Beats the learning zone that we had to endure last year! :mad:

Meant I had to listen to Radio 5! (or even worse, Joe Duffy on RTE Replay 'EEk'

ATVB,

John Mc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.