Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to receive SMS to validate new international payee

Options
  • 19-07-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've been trying to activate an international payee on 365 money since this morning. Although the details have been saved and I can view them under "My Payees" I have still not received the SMS with the activation code, which normally arrives in 5 minutes or so.

I'm now waiting about 3 hours... how long does it take on average and what is the maximum length of time needed to receive the SMS?

At this point, could I try canceling that payee and reinserting the details? Might this be flagged to fraud and block my account temporarily?

Thanks,

kaki

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Kaki and thanks for contacting us.

As you correctly mention, you should have received the activation code within 5 minutes.

Can you log on to 365 Online, select 'Manage Accounts' and 'Amend my mobile phone details'? This screen will show you the last four numbers of your registered mobile phone. Please have a look and make sure you have the correct number registered - if not, you can update the number on this screen.

If the correct mobile number is registered, please go to 'Manage Accounts', 'Manage Payees' and enter a random code three times. This will deactivate the old code and a new one will automatically be sent to your mobile.

Please let us know if this works.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Hello,

Just a quick message to confirm that the suggested procedure (inserting incorrect code 3 times and requesting new activation code) worked like a charm, thanks for the help!

Kaki

Hi Kaki,

Glad we could be of assistance.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gasher

hey billy,

I have a deposit account that has just matured, but i am unable to transfer funds from that to current account unless i go to branch and sign something or other, why is it so complicated, afterall it my cash, I get calls asking me to sign up to new deposit accounts ironically i can do this online or over the phone, bit of a pain.

Hi Gasher and thanks for our questions.

As you correctly mention, it is not possible to transfer funds directly from the matured deposit a/c to a current account.
    You don't need to visit the branch to transfer from the deposit account. A signed letter to your branch quoting the account details and the branch will make the transfer.

In relation to the calls you receive, asking you to sign up for new deposit accounts; if you would prefer not to receive these type of calls or indeed any type of marketing correspondence from Bank of Ireland, you do have the option to remove the "Consent to Marketing" indicator from your account; which means you won't receive these phone calls in the future. You can remove this by calling 1890 365 100, by sending a letter to your local branch or by visiting them. Details for all our branches can be found here

I hope this clears thing up a little.

Thanks

Billy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 oconnellnell

Hi billy,

I went to add a new international payee, as Kaki did, but didnt recieve any activation code. When I took the steps you suggested I realised my mobile phone number was an old one so I updated it to my present mobile phone number. I now have to wait for a code to be posted to me in a letter to activate my mobile phone.

Is there a quicker way I can activate my mobile phone or even a quicker way I can activate my new payee rather than waiting for a letter?

If so how long does it take for a letter to be issused in the post?

Thanks,
    Nell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Nell,

The only way to activate your mobile phone is by using the security code that's sent in the post. The letter takes 3-5 working days to be issued to you. Once you've received it and activated your new mobile number, please enter an incorrect 7-digit code three times again so that another security code can be sent to your new phone number.

Thanks for posting,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oconnellnell

Thanks for the speedy response!

Advertisement