Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Minutes/Texts

Options
  • 19-07-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just looking to see if anyone has a similar situation:

I signed up to bill 2 months ago as i was pretty sick of topping up the whole time and really wanted to jump on the whole smartphone bandwagon for the 1st time.

Anyway i ended up going for a HTC One on a E30/month plan which includes 200min/200text/1gb internet and also includes free meteor talk & text.

What i've found over the last 2 months is that i'm not even coming close to the caps on talk, text or internet! I was under half of all both months.

Is there anyway to lower the charge of my contract, i.e to E20 or to a cheaper plan or am i stuck to pay the E30 for the duration of my contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

martomcg wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just looking to see if anyone has a similar situation:

I signed up to bill 2 months ago as i was pretty sick of topping up the whole time and really wanted to jump on the whole smartphone bandwagon for the 1st time.

Anyway i ended up going for a HTC One on a E30/month plan which includes 200min/200text/1gb internet and also includes free meteor talk & text.

What i've found over the last 2 months is that i'm not even coming close to the caps on talk, text or internet! I was under half of all both months.

Is there anyway to lower the charge of my contract, i.e to E20 or to a cheaper plan or am i stuck to pay the E30 for the duration of my contract?

I fear you may be stuck. They are (all companies not just meteor) usually quite forthcoming if you want to 'increase' plans (although they do start your contract off from scratch again). But I think because you want to 'decrease' your amount they will tell you you either have to get to the end of the contract first or buy yourself out of it or somesuch. I can't see them agreeing to you giving them less money when they have you locked in to pay more.

Can I ask you say you got the HTC One. Which one? S X or V?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

Yea i kinda thought that would be the case. E30 isnt breaking the bank but just turns out i dont need it!

Its the One V that i have. Came free when i signed up for bill!

martomcg wrote: »
    Yea i kinda thought that would be the case. E30 isnt breaking the bank but just turns out i dont need it!

Its the One V that i have. Came free when i signed up for bill!

Mine cost me €30. Mind there was a complete cock up there. It was supposed to be a transfer from payg to bill keeping the same number. But either the guy in the shop or customer care (both are blaming the other) did something wrong so the billpay sim I got with the phone was activated with the number it came with, and my payg sim was left active with my number. So I have a payg phone with a payg sim still active on my old number and a bill phone with a bill sim active on a new number!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

If I were you I'd phone them and ask. Be very upfront and explain your situation and ask if thy can do anything for you. They'll know anyway from your account you're not using your allowance. They might switch you to a lower price package. Worse case scenario they'll say they can't do anything, but at least you'll have tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Oh they could alright, but they told me it would take 3 working days, and I wouldn't be able to use my phone til then (cos I wasn't to use the number associated with it). I don't know that they'd be able to switch it out now to be honest. I have been using the new number

Advertisement