Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything to get involved with in Shannon?

Options
  • 19-07-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, I'm 19 and recently got a job in Shannon. I'm moving there on Sunday evening and I don't know anyone there. I know a few people in Limerick and I'll probably go there once a week for an organisation I was involved with in Dublin, but it's expensive to be traveling there all the time.
    If I had gotten a job in Limerick, I know I'd try out for the youth theatre and I'd do a couple of evening courses in LIT, but I can't afford to get the bus in that often.
    I found a ciorcal comhrá in Shannon which I'd like to attend, but apart from that, I don't know what I'd do there.
    I'm working in a call centre with shifts and I'm really worried that I won't make any friends- or that it'll take ages, and that I'll just be really lonely there.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

For starters don't read the worst town in Clare thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Hi, I'm 19 and recently got a job in Shannon.
    I'm working in a call centre with shifts and I'm really worried that I won't make any friends- or that it'll take ages, and that I'll just be really lonely there.
    Any ideas?
    Hi 'Pancakes rule',

I'm not sure which Call Centre you'll be working for but I've a few friends who work in Call Centres in Shannon and all I can say to you is that while the job itself can be pretty challenging the craic amongst the staff is brilliant by all accounts.

My friends would regularly attend team nights out, get involved in charity events and take part in tag rugby and golfing etc. You should have no absolutely no difficulty making friends.

Good luck with your move to Shannon! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Call centers are usually great places for making friends, you'll be amazed the amount of people in the same boat as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

not from shannon but it seems to get a lot of bad press.
    shannon musical society one of the best in the country
    and would be a great place to meet people

Advertisement