Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery Omega

Options
  • 19-07-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got a Omega watch from my uncle but I haven't found any information of it. I'd like to know how old this watch is and how much is my watch worth? :)

http://aijaa.com/0050110555305

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭fishguy

Hi
    Unless this is a new model what is unknown to me I would say this a a fake/replica/hommage you name is. From the shape of the rotor I would say it is abased on the 1010 automatic. They were bronze caliber models. The rotor here is probably steel. I never ever saw an omeg with a rotor full of Omega signs. No vintage Omega was made with glass backplate, I don`t know about the new ones though. The crown is probably not omega either as the shape is not suitable for the Omega sign on it. The dial is unknown to me either. Cut outs are very rare ion omega dials. I would say this watch is a...lets say a fashion accessory. About the value I hope you didn`t paid to much for it... I hope I could help.

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 alantul

fishguy wrote: »
    Hi
    Unless this is a new model what is unknown to me I would say this a a fake/replica/hommage you name is. From the shape of the rotor I would say it is abased on the 1010 automatic. They were bronze caliber models. The rotor here is probably steel. I never ever saw an omeg with a rotor full of Omega signs. No vintage Omega was made with glass backplate, I don`t know about the new ones though. The crown is probably not omega either as the shape is not suitable for the Omega sign on it. The dial is unknown to me either. Cut outs are very rare ion omega dials. I would say this watch is a...lets say a fashion accessory. About the value I hope you didn`t paid to much for it... I hope I could help.

G.

Made in China i would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

I'm afraid I have to agree. It's not even a fake, no Omega looks like this. It's just a watch with Omega written on it.

Advertisement