Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

300 Euro Deal in Bullmans Limerick

Options
  • 19-07-2012 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Paul in Bullman's Tattoo in Limerick is doing a "Tattoo till you drop" deal for 300euro, basically Paul will tattoo anything you want anywhere you want and he'll keep going for as long as you can last!! Good Deal I think!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Not sure how I feel on this one... I'm assuming that taking a break of any kind counts as a 'tapout'.

On one hand, good deal if you can endure at least 3-4 hours work without a break. On the other hand, is it really healthy for the artist to have to endure as long as the subject lasts? Surely they'd benefit from a regular break?
    Plus I don't think encouraging people to get inked past their comfort zone is a good idea. Could lead to passing out or mild shock at worst, or just a ****ty experience at best.

Just my thoughts, anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Their full add says regular 10 minute breaks will be taken and don't count as a Tap-Out! I would assume that the artist has enough cop-on that he can see when a person is struggling or feeling faint and call a halt to proceedings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I'd make him regret that promotion

Arawn wrote: »

HaHa I'd like to think I would myself! I've done a few long sittings before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

gregers85 wrote: »

HaHa I'd like to think I would myself! I've done a few long sittings before :D
    I've sat 3+ hours on elbow, I'm sure I'd kast except not from lim, havent seen his work and am happy with my own artist

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Me too if I lived in Limerick.

My record without a break(smoke breaks excluded) is probably close to 8 or 9 hours.It was 6 for my Sugar skull with only one break for a cig.

For something like this Id try make 10+.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    My record without a break(smoke breaks excluded) is probably close to 8 or 9 hours.It was 6 for my Sugar skull with only one break for a cig.
    My own longest is approx 8 hours - Black and Grey Phoenix on my chest then over my shoulder and a quarter length of my arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭hunter164

Think I could do a decent sitting on this. 5/6 hours on me ribs is me claim to fame ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Me too! I've had a few long sessions, as long as I have sugar and water then work away until its done!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Have to laugh, if a tattooist wants you to tap out they can make it happen. And it would take less than 2 minutes in most cases

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

To me, this rate is about €600 per hour :o

Advertisement