Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbows

Options
  • 18-07-2012 9:37pm

I happened to see this a few minutes ago

IMG_20120718_211240.jpg

and I was dazzled by it, even if lasted for a few seconds.

A few years ago I went through a really bad time - an extremely dark time - and I vividly remember one specific day:
    I was sitting on a bus going into town and it was absolutely horrible weather, really bleak and dark. It was another bad day, which followed a long string of these, and I was feeling absolutely horrible. I glanced out the window and that's when I saw it - a rainbow.

In that moment I realized that no matter how ugly the day, how bleak or horrible the weather, there is always a rainbow - this beautiful sight shining out among all the grey and darkness. At right then, it became the most beautiful thing I had always seen.

It brought me to the revelation that no matter how bad the stuff I was going through, no matter how down I felt, there was always beauty and happiness out there and that hope was never lost.

So, yeah, just thought I'd share -
    "Through every rainstorm, there's always a rainbow"

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

The only thing better than a rainbow?
    Double rainbows :)

Double_Rainbows.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Lovely post OP. I recently saw a sweet rainbow and it prompted me to get in touch with someone I hadn't connected with in a while. She took some awesome pictures of the rainbow.

Mine's nowhere near as good but I'll share it anyway :)

shtuff025.jpg

Advertisement