Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Zombie Run

Options
  • 18-07-2012 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭

A friend linked me this earlier today.

Might be worth a look if you're up for a laugh, you can be a runner or a zombie and it's all for a good cause. Concern.

https://www.concern.net/yourconcern/events/run-zombie-run

It costs a bit to join in the fun, and you're expected to raise a few quid for it too, but like i said, it's for a decent charity and could be a whopper day :)
    It's in fairyhouse racecourse and the details are all in the above link.

So.. who's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I am doing this. I havent signed up yet though because I dont know whether to go as a runner or as a zombie. I might do zombie as apparently you get a good few 'gos' then.

Anyone know where you can get half decent zombie costumes or face paint (blood, peeling latex etc) without breaking the bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 powerjh

Definitely going to this as a runner. will be great craic. have done obstacle courses before but not with this twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 biancafiddle

A friend linked me this earlier today.

Might be worth a look if you're up for a laugh, you can be a runner or a zombie and it's all for a good cause. Concern.

https://www.concern.net/yourconcern/events/run-zombie-run

It costs a bit to join in the fun, and you're expected to raise a few quid for it too, but like i said, it's for a decent charity and could be a whopper day :)
    It's in fairyhouse racecourse and the details are all in the above link.

So.. who's going?

People should do it. It will be fantastic fun and for a great cause. Concern is a brilliant charity that does amazing work in the poorest countries.
    Maybe there should be a gang of people who could dress up as the dancers from the Thriller video! Shamon!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

Ah it will remind me of the days of Witness trawling through the muddy fields to get back to the tent with thousands of other Zombies!! Defo signing up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Nice one folks :)

Kaza, i'd say use some old clothes, something that the colour red will show really well on. As for the makeup and blood etc.. not sure where would be best but i'm fairly sure the Zombies on the day will have a bunch of latex paint or assorted gore to adorn yourself with. If in doubt, costume shops anywere would be able to give you a price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

kaza2710 wrote: »
    I am doing this. I havent signed up yet though because I dont know whether to go as a runner or as a zombie. I might do zombie as apparently you get a good few 'gos' then.

Anyone know where you can get half decent zombie costumes or face paint (blood, peeling latex etc) without breaking the bank?

Go as the Alan Partridge Zombie, cheap AND witty.
    Few of us going, we either gonna be all zombies or runners.

alan-partridge-zombie.JPG

vangoz wrote: »
    Go as the Alan Partridge Zombie, cheap AND witty.
    Few of us going, we either gonna be all zombies or runners.

:pac::pac::pac: love it!! Might dip into good ole pennys and pick up some clothes and leave them with the dog to play with so he can rip them up and make them look zombie 'authentic' !!!

As for the makeup and blood etc.. not sure where would be best but i'm fairly sure the Zombies on the day will have a bunch of latex paint or assorted gore to adorn yourself with. If in doubt, costume shops anywere would be able to give you a price.

Just checked amazon - they have a ton of stuff and dirt cheap too . No point on forking out a fortune to make myself look like death essentially. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭electrolinks

This sounds like a fun day out and bonus that it's for a good cause. I think I'm gonna do it as a Zombie...

On another zombie related note, anyone looking for costume ideas for this run or the zombie walk should check out the Walking Dead season 3 trailer which was aired at Comic-con. Looks epic. Can't wait until it's back in October. One word: Merle!! WTF?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

kaza2710 wrote: »
    On another zombie related note, anyone looking for costume ideas for this run or the zombie walk should check out the Walking Dead season 3 trailer which was aired at Comic-con. Looks epic. Can't wait until it's back in October. One word: Merle!! WTF?!

Ah completely forgot to watch this trailer, thanks for the reminder!!

I actually dressed up as the Alan Partridge Zombie for Halloween last year, no one got it other than my own mates :( just looked like a bad Zombie costume .... which it essentially is.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Signed up - as a zombie. Based on the amount of fun involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Decided to sign up for this myself :)

One thing, I entered all the details, including my Laser Card and it all went through. However, I didn't get my confirmation email and when it did go to checkout, I got a video for the Great Ethiopian Run...

Did anyone else have any trouble?

Just making sure, cause laser cards/internet etc.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 holyoak

Hi Zwillinge,
    Thank you so much for registering for our Run Zombie Run event - briliant to have you on board. The video that you would have seen after you registered is our thank you video, so don't worry it's not an event specific video. With regards to the email - you should have received something from Show Your Concern. If you want to send me a direct mail to info.challenge@concern.net I can double check that your registration has gone through.
    Looking forward to seeing you at the event :-)
    Zoe

• Registered Users Posts: 7 holyoak

Great to have you on board Richard - its going to be a great day :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Looking forward to seeing some of these videos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Corkette

Any pros/cons for participating as a runner vs a zombie? Would love to hear from people who've participated in something similar before!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Anyone else run today? I'm still washing out the blood from being a zombie!

Advertisement