Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasmus

Options
  • 18-07-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Does anyone know if you can go to the US, New Zealand or Canada on Erasmus from NUIG? Im doing Psychology and not taking a language, and I'm not too pushed on going to Europe and id really like to go abroad for the year.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

"Erasmus" refers specifically to Europe, as far as I know, though one can definitely go outside Europe too.
    There may well be a similar scheme for Canada and the States, but I've never heard of anyone going to New Zealand as part of their degree. That's not to say, of course, that it doesn't happen.
    I know that when I was doing my undergrad, the only Erasmus option was Malta (for Financial Maths and Economics). Nobody went though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jay777

Possibly too late to arrange study abroad for the 2012/13 academic year. For the following year some non-EU opportunities listed here: http://www.nuigalway.ie/international/irish_students/

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

It might not be too late to organise something for the second semester though!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭xEmily2011

tbahh wrote: »
    It might not be too late to organise something for the second semester though!

Not looking for it for this year, I'm looking at it for September 2013, i just need to know if its possible, so i can start raising funds....not really in a good boat with money and all that :L

Thanks for your help!! Ill defo go talk to the international office :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dave Bucks

Here is a link to a facebook page which has a number of members who have been on Erasmus. You can post your questions on the page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Going-...2519021?ref=hl

• Advertisement
Advertisement