Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing linked to sony.ie

Options
  • 18-07-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Received a text today from +1 414 578 7660 that said

"You are Ireland's winner. Your number has been chosen to receive a free gift. Go to hxxp://www.sony.ie.summerprizedrawing.info"

This is a phishing text so watch out! I saw on an o2 forum someone got something similar. I'm with 3 but i searched it before I went to the link!

Just to warn people!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

My mum just got the same text, I googled the url and it lead me here....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimbo090846

I got one too! Be warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Got the same number too. Seems like an American number. Would not go near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Damnit i thought i was a winner :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭MP62

I got the text yesterday and googled it and it also lead me here. OP you should change the web address in the OP so it's invalid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Also got this yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jolsen

You need to mung the link if you're posting these links: hxxp://www.sony.ie.summerprizedrawing.info/

The website is nothing to do with Sony, summerprizedrawing.info is the domain name, anything earlier are subdomains.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I got one just now from +1 832 641-6802.
    I thought I had won something :-(

"You are Ireland's winner. Your number has been chosen to receive a free gift. Go to hxxp://www.sony.ie.summerprizedrawing.info"

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭krazymuthafuka

just got one too from +19044019353, like the rest of you I thought I'd google it first!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 davedrum

I just got one too and google sent me here it was from +1 (904) 422 1157

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

just got one too from +19044019353, like the rest of you I thought I'd google it first!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gant01

I got one yesterday too, how did they get our numbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Yep got one from that number too, at 02:20am. Says it's from Florida. I'm on Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Did you of you get the same URI?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

Did you of you get the same URI?

Yep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Very similar to a text I got claiming I'd won an iphone. Googling suggested it was also happening in Australia, apparently a scam to get you to sign up to an expensive charging-for-replying-to-texts thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Link is about 6 redirects deep then JS code.
    Was hoping for something more fun :/
    bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Very similar to a text I got claiming I'd won an iphone. Googling suggested it was also happening in Australia, apparently a scam to get you to sign up to an expensive charging-for-replying-to-texts thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

My missus got a similar text with the URL: hxxp://www.apple.ie.totalfreegiveaway.info from a US number also. It said she had won an iPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭mar48

This is the second message today (06/09/12) telling me I have won a prize from Sony.ie and they're both from different numbers. I'm starting to wonder how many more scammers out there have my mobile number and how did they get it!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭900913

I'm just after receiving 2 at the same time while reading this thread.

+18572609810
    "You are a winner. You were chosen to recieve a gift. Go to hxxp://www.sony.ie.crgiveaway.info and tell us where to ship your gift"
    (Spelling error in txt)

+18572609798
    "You are a winner. You have been chosen to recieve a free gift. Go to hxxp://www.sony.ie.drcontest.info and tell us where to ship your gift."

Same messages with different URL's and different numbers.

Edit:

Both link redirect to hxxp://www.ziinga.com/landing/ie_promo_auction.php an online "auction" site.

Advertisement