Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the library?

Options
  • 18-07-2012 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

ok i am sorry if i sound really really stupid but i have never joined a library before i dont know anyone that has so i dont know a thing about it.. is it free?? do pay to take out books or how does it work?? i could go through 2 books in a week so i do spend alot on books i'd still buy certain ones from my fave authors etc.. but i thought cos i read so much it might save me money to join a library. also i know of 3 librarys in limerick the one in town, moyross and crescent watchhouse cross would be closed for me but if i join one can i go to any of them or can u just be a member of 1 library. thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Its all free, just go in and ask can you join, and fill out the forum! :)

The one in the Granary, Watchouse Cross, and Roxboro are all Limerick City Library, and the one card will do for them all. The one in the Cresent is Limerick County Library, which is different, but when registered, you'll be able to get books from all county libraries, (I'm a member of both for ease of use).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I think you need a proof of address, but that's it, best go in and ask, they are always friendly in the library (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

cool thats great thank u i must pop in tomorrow and join i guess bring the usuall id, proof of address. do u have to pay something for taking books? is there a limit how many u can take and how long??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

No you don't have to pay for the books, I think it's 5 books for two weeks the limit, but you can change them as often as you like, you don't need to keep them for the two weeks or get all 5 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

oh wow thats great why did i not find out about this sooner i will defo be joining now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

There is a small fee. I can't remember what is was but I renewed my husbands membership last month, I think it was 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

With Limerick City Libraries membership is free, and you can take 6 books for 2 weeks and renew them for another 2 weeks as long as no-one is waiting on them - i.e. its a popular book that has a waiting list.

You can also get out DVDs and CDs - in the one in the Granary anyway. And books on tape etc.,

All you need is proof of address so an ESB bill or something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

there is also a library upstairs in the caherdavin community centre not sure of the opening times but it's fairly sparse

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

padma wrote: »
    there is also a library upstairs in the caherdavin community centre not sure of the opening times but it's fairly sparse

I used to love that place when I was younger. They had plenty of stuff to keep a young teenager happy. Must be nearly 10 years since I last went there for a book though. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

You can also search the limerick city libraries catalogue online to check in advance what books and dvds etc they have:

http://ipac.limerickcity.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement