Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool wont spin

Options
  • 18-07-2012 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Have a whirlpool awo/d5505 washing machine. It works fine during the main part of the wash but when it comes to spin, the drum "twitches" once and the LEDs fade momentarily - like the power dips and it goes back to the start of the spin cycle (drain water) and this just repeats.

Took it apart, filters and hoses are ok, circuit board seems ok. Disconnected the cable loom at the motor and re-attached it. This initially seems to have cured the problem but now it has re-occurred and reseating the plug now makes no difference. Could not find any references to the problem when I googled it.

Machine is just under 8 years old, just within the optional 8 year parts only guarantee but wondering if its worth the money calling the whirlpool engineer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭galway1973

prob brushes on motor

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Deepwell

Yep, thats what it was - worn out motor brushes.

Brushes are fairly easy to replace, I replaced the brushes in my machine a couple of years ago.
    They cost about €30 as they were in plastic modules, put the machine on its side and two screws on each module and an electrical connector.
    About 20 minutes work.

Advertisement